Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Do you think Toyota should offer a free extended warranty? for the affected vehicles?

• Yes! Even though I know I won't use it much its still good peace of mind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I don't see a need for Toyota to offer a free extended warranty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
That would be great. Make it transferable too so our resale doesn't suck and then I might be able to swing a 2011 or 2012 Superduty :)

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
geesh...its no biggie. i for one am not losing sleep over it. they dont owe me crap, other than the fix which they are providing.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
If this helps resale I'm all for it. My truck doesn't even have 6000 miles on it and my 3/36 warranty is almost over. Not that I'm planning to sell it anytime soon, just knowing I'd have a little longer warranty on those expensive emissions "hairdryers" under hood would be nice :D

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I think they should extend warranty periods just to be COMPETITIVE, not because of the pedal :rolleyes: They're getting beaten by the likes of Chevy and Hyundai, and I don't buy the "It's a Toyota, I don't need a longer warranty" BS.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well that really stinks for the people who PAID for the extended warranty. If they start giving away extended warranties they should give people a refund who actually bought one.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I think they should extend warranty periods just to be COMPETITIVE, not because of the pedal :rolleyes: They're getting beaten by the likes of Chevy and Hyundai, and I don't buy the "It's a Toyota, I don't need a longer warranty" BS.
exactly. their warranty kinda sucks and probally costs sales from the consumer who actually compares it all on paper....

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Well that really stinks for the people who PAID for the extended warranty. If they start giving away extended warranties they should give people a refund who actually bought one.
:first::tu::D
I also heard on the local news that they were considering free service. That would be nice!:tu::tu:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
That would be great. Make it transferable too so our resale doesn't suck and then I might be able to swing a 2011 or 2012 Superduty :)
Their intent would probably not be to assist you in swapping it for a Ford :D

I look for an extended period of some sort of 'owner loyalty' discount if you trade for a new Toy.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Their intent would probably not be to assist you in swapping it for a Ford :D

I look for an extended period of some sort of 'owner loyalty' discount if you trade for a new Toy.
aw heck. they wont give it to you. they know u are willing to pay a "premimum" just to own a toyota....:rolleyes:

:D

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Ever since I put on this SC, I have had 13 MISFIRES and Dealership has looked at it and spent alot of money and time and it is still not fixed. I am now asking for a new engine because this one is a piece of sh*t. So I am in favor for a huge change in their warranty policies.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Ever since I put on this SC, I have had 13 MISFIRES and Dealership has looked at it and spent alot of money and time and it is still not fixed. I am now asking for a new engine because this one is a piece of sh*t. So I am in favor for a huge change in their warranty policies.
its unlikely the engine itself causes the misfire...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I bought an extended warrenty but would love the refund, free services or whatever else is offered.

I agree with Third, Toyota builds great vehicles, why not extend warrenties to match the competition.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
07DCwhiteSR5

its unlikely the engine itself causes the misfire...

New sparks, swapped coils and vvt solenoids, checked pressures 195 - 200psi, checked intake and maf, new ecu, checked valve clearances, new hydraulic adjusters etc. etc. Am I in the engine yet:D

·
Registered
945 Posts
New sparks, swapped coils and vvt solenoids, checked pressures 195 - 200psi, checked intake and maf, new ecu, checked valve clearances, new hydraulic adjusters etc. etc. Am I in the engine yet:D
Did they check the injectors? Another guy just reported that he had a bad injector that was creating his misfires. They moved the bad injector to other cylinders and found out that it was the issue.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Rut

Did they check the injectors? Another guy just reported that he had a bad injector that was creating his misfires. They moved the bad injector to other cylinders and found out that it was the issue.
Yes sir

·
Registered
122 Posts
Agreed!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts