1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Thats a bitch:( . Arn't many posts like that

·
Registered
374 Posts
there is always someone higher in the food chain. keep calling.
i had a 92 4runner that had a valve stick. almost ruined the entire engine. it had 104,000 miles on it and it was 1998. toyota pulled the head, repaired it, put it back together, and did not charge me a dime. keep pushing them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whether they change their mind or not (I hope they do the right thing) I will not quit calling until I get my answer. The question to them is why should I continue buying Toyota when this is a possible outcome? The fact that I had to call and show them how loyal my family is is crazy. They shouldn't change their decision based solely on the loss of future sales. The fact that it was a defective part and that this is unusual for a Toyota should have been reason enough to make it right.

Thank you for the encouragement!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shouldn't your brother push this issue seeing as it's his truck? Or has he retained you as his attorney? Just wondering... Maybe he would have better luck. Keep pushing for the commitment by TOYOTA.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's not too savvy when it comes to this sort of thing (neither am I for that matter). You're right, though, he should take this further, too. I'm taking this personal since my family has been so loyal and Toyota is, in my opinion, taking the low road. My wife and I are honestly looking at a new Tundra and new FJ Cruiser but this has definitely soured us.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Ok, so you go into the Toyota dealership, pen in hand, tell them you want the new Tundra and FJ ON THE CONDITION THEY FIX YOUR BROTHER'S TRUCK.

That will definitely get their attention.

You can continue being a loyal Toyota owner at a different dealership, but I think they'll bite.

or

Call Dave Peters, he has his lawyer brother on retainer, and can get anything done.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can continue being a loyal Toyota owner at a different dealership, but I think they'll bite.
The problem, as I see it, extends far beyond the local dealership. I'm in Colorado, my brother and family are in Georgia. The Toyota regional rep in Georgia made the decision not the local dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Obviously Toyota makes a quality product. The possibility of a mechanical failure with a vehicle within warranty or out of warranty always exists. I agree that it's unsual in this failure, but I think that Toyota is going above and beyond by offering to pay half. We're never happy when a vehicle fails mechanically, but occassionaly it does happen. So if you truly think that you're going to recieve a better quality product or better customer service from a different manufacturer, I suggest that you go that route. It doesn't seem that you're being reasonable in your assertion that Toyota should foot the entire bill. Step back and look at things and take a breather. It doesn't matter whether you've bought 1 toyota product of 10 toyota products. The customer service should be exactly the same for each person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts