Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly????:confused:

My first Toyota is arriving in April, 2007 Tundra CrewMax. Was wondering is any of the Canadian members could recommend or provide warnings about their past experiences with Toyota dealer Service departments. I am in ON in the GTA area and would be willing to travel to get a good "honest" service department.

SumoJax:tu:

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly????:confused:

My first Toyota is arriving in April, 2007 Tundra CrewMax. Was wondering is any of the Canadian members could recommend or provide warnings about their past experiences with Toyota dealer Service departments. I am in ON in the GTA area and would be willing to travel to get a good "honest" service department.

SumoJax:tu:
I think Markvale Toyota sounds good on their commercials, they wash your vehicle and have loaner cars.

Newmarket Toyota has been pretty good so far, I get all my service done there, but that will end when my warranty runs out. I'll need brakes soon so I'll be doing that one myself.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm not sure how these guys got it started but it sure would be handy for Toyota dealers as well:
Audi/VW Dealer Ratings

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't have any experience with them in the service end, but I have had dealings with Don Valley Lexus Toyota and they have been very very professional.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Steer clear of Mississauga Toyota. Absolute a$$holes. Dixie isn't bad, but don't let apprentices do your oil change, only techs. Erin Park is also terrible, they only care about volume, not personal level service. Plus oil changes take over 2 hours, with a damn appointment! Milton Toyota is good, that is my dealer. Georgetown is not a high tech dealership, very substandard Toyota dealer. Bramalea is ok. Woodbridge isn't bad, not out of this world either. Those are the ones I've dealt with over the past 10 years.

good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would not recommend Aurora Toyota service department to anyone. I will personally never go there again. We had my wife’s brand new 2007 Corolla serviced there a couple of days ago and they did a very messy job.
The car was making some squeaking and flapping noise when going through bumps on the road. The service guys determined that one of the rear shocks needed to be replaced. The repair took about an hour and a half.
We got the car back with a scratched rear bumper and a lot of greasy stains all over the exterior. It looked to me like somebody with dirty boots was testing the suspension by jumping on the bumper. There were also greasy stains on the back of the rear seat and the interior trunk panels were not tucked in properly.
The squeaking and flapping is still there but does not sound as bad as before. We decided to live with it for now. Next time I will take the car for service somewhere else. I am thinking Newmarket Toyota.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would not recommend Aurora Toyota service department to anyone. I will personally never go there again. We had my wife’s brand new 2007 Corolla serviced there a couple of days ago and they did a very messy job.
The car was making some squeaking and flapping noise when going through bumps on the road. The service guys determined that one of the rear shocks needed to be replaced. The repair took about an hour and a half.
We got the car back with a scratched rear bumper and a lot of greasy stains all over the exterior. It looked to me like somebody with dirty boots was testing the suspension by jumping on the bumper. There were also greasy stains on the back of the rear seat and the interior trunk panels were not tucked in properly.
The squeaking and flapping is still there but does not sound as bad as before. We decided to live with it for now. Next time I will take the car for service somewhere else. I am thinking Newmarket Toyota.

This kind of **** happens all the damn time. Makes me furious. What you should do, up to you of course, call the dealership and ask to speak to the service manager. Tell them about what happened and how you are pissed off about it. I would also call Toyota Canada and file a complaint. Your vehicle is brand new and should be treat as such, not a piece of crap. Everything you listed should be addressed by the dealership.

I've experienced this many times at various dealerships. One thing that helps is to actually meet with the service manager before you get any work done. Explain your experiences with lousy service to him/her and that quality work is paramount. Beleive it or not, it makes a difference. usually the service manager will monitor your vehicle and ensure your satisfaction.

I can hook you up with Dixie Toyota and Milton Toyota.

Marcel

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've had pretty good experience with Newmarket Toyota, Aurora has been ok.

In case you didn't know, both dealerships are owned by the same person.

The service manager at Aurora Toyota is fairly new, I'd suggest talking to Newmarket Toyota instead. Paul Siddall is the service manager there, he's a competant guy.

Tel: (905)953-2890

·
Registered
69 Posts
Personally I like Milton and Georgetown for service, I bought my truck at Woodbridge but if I had known their service dept were a bunch of assholes I would've taken my business to Georgetown or Milton. I had an oil change done at Newmarket toyota and when I did my own oil yesterday I couldnt get the filter off, filter wrench didnt get it, broke a small screwdriver finally had a small pry bar shoved through the filter to budge it. I change filters on heavy equipment by hand! that tech must've put it on with the filter wrench!!! Doing all the work myself now since warranty's up in 4000 k's.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Personally I like Milton and Georgetown for service, I bought my truck at Woodbridge but if I had known their service dept were a bunch of assholes I would've taken my business to Georgetown or Milton. I had an oil change done at Newmarket toyota and when I did my own oil yesterday I couldnt get the filter off, filter wrench didnt get it, broke a small screwdriver finally had a small pry bar shoved through the filter to budge it. I change filters on heavy equipment by hand! that tech must've put it on with the filter wrench!!! Doing all the work myself now since warranty's up in 4000 k's.
I'm almost 91,000 km. So one more dealer oil change for me tomorrow, then after that I'll be doing my own.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Georgetown is not bad...but very small shop and not exactly the most up to date if you know what I mean. Milton is building a new facility down the street. Should be much better with the extra size.

But alas, 99% of the dealers out there are only interested in making money, period. Service sucks, pdi sucks, etc etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Finally got underspray and new leaf pack installed, only took woodbridge toyota a month and a half to get the parts. After I told them the TSB number for the leaf pack. Last time I deal with those guys thats for sure. :td::td:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm taking my truck to Newmarket Toyota on Tuesday for the ball joint recall. They have been good in the past. I'm hoping they do an alignment at the same time. It seems they have done them for other members. I don't want to drive down the road then have to go back a second time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just took my truck in for the ball joint recall at Newmarket Toyota.

I happened to drive by about 3:00 and saw a guy bringing it in from a test drive.

I told them I wouldn't need the truck until 6pm, which is when they close, so I could be the last person they pick up.

I received one call, they told me I needed new brakes, but nothing after that. Around 7pm I called them, the service department was closed, but the area manager came to pick me up.

He had no idea why they didn't call me, but the truck was ready. He also said he'd talk to the service manager.

I'm not impressed.

I take my truck to them for every oil change and every service, this is a great "Thank You"

I'm calling the service manager tomorrow to find out what happened.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My limited experience with Woodbine Toyota in Etobicoke has been good. They have a very clean and spacious shop and were pleasant deal with.The facilities at Yonge Laurence Toyota however where I bought the car are unbelievably cramped and dingy with almost no parking space. On the plus side be service people were from my experience okay.

·
Registered
85 Posts
PETAWAWA TOYOTA
1406 PEMBROKE ST W
PEMBROKE,ON
K8A 7M3
Phone: 613-735-1717
Email: [email protected] Chris MacDonald
From the moment I walked on the Dealership Lot the salesperson
“Chris MacDonald” made it a very pleasant experience.
At no time was there ever any sales pressure.
I ask for the best price for a 2007 TUNDRA 5.7 Double Cab Pyrite 4X4 TRD and right on the spot without going to the sales manager he gave me a price which blew every other dealer I tried to deal with away. They gave a Production Date and delivery of 8 weeks.
Two days after production date received VIN #. 1 day before expect delivery they phone to say vehicle had arrived.
I drove to Petawawa to close deal again next to no pressure to buy extras as other dealership try to strong arm you with.
( warranties, undercoating, fabric protector. Etc )
In fact I took a bus from Kingston to pickup vehicle and they were there waiting for my arrival. Aug 31st.
Now is the point at which Petawawa really started to stand out above the them all.
Drove the vehicle home to Kingston ( 270 kms ) and started to notice a problem with it shifting gears.
Phone dealer at 5:30 pm on Friday and said I would be back later the following week to have them check it out.
7:00 am Saturday morning the Sales Manager call me at home I explained the problem. This is on the Long weekend to boot.
He then sent a driver from Petawawa to pick up the tundra and left a loaner to drive.
They determine that the problem was related to the torque converter hanging up after a shift point around 40 kph.
They order a new complete replacement transmission.
I have read on forums people waiting 3 to 7 weeks for a replacement in the USA.
Petawawa must have some pull because they had one delivered to there dealership in 5 days from the USA Plant.
Order September 5th arrived September 10th replaced September 11th.
They called and said the Tundra would be delivered back to me 270 kms away Thursday September 13 they wanted a day to insure no leaks and repair was successful.
Picked up truck Thursday Tundra now runs as smooth a silk.
Monday September 17th Service Department called to follow up on how Tundra is now performing..
To me the most important thing about buying a vehicle of any kind or make is the quality of the service when problems do occur. People focus on Toyota and how they stand behind their product but to me it is the dealership service that counts most.

I have to say in 30 years of buying new vehicles every 5 years Petawawa just stands out as the best. I assure you the Kingston dealership is at the other end of the scale with hard nosed sales pressure and lack of service support.
The Kingston dealership in my case is 1.5 kms from my home and any time I have ever dealt with them it has been a nightmare.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have used two Edmonton dealers for service . i have taken my wifes Lexus into Kingsway Toyota When the new Lexus Dealer is to busy . As they used to be the Lexus dealer as well . They try to charge me more for the oil change because it was a lexus rather then a Toyota . Although the service was no where near the level you would get At a lexus dealer .

When I returned to pick it up . It looked loike they had washed the windows with an old mop . So i had them come out and clean them . On the drive home I ran out of washer fluid when I got home to fill it I noticed the brake res had over flowed and there was brake fluid all over the inner fender . So i brought it back down and asked them to clean the lexus and top up the fluids like they should have . The service manager said fine and sent some one out with a rag and hose . the guy wiped every thing down then gave it a quick spay and good enough and went back in .

I told the service manager i was not happy and he said we are trying to close for the new year holiday so that is all your going to get . Bye

I drove it down to the lexus dealer and told them how i had been treated as they where the ones that had said i could try them as they had no time to do the work . They where very surprised that i was treated that way and asked many questions wrote things down and said they would look into it . Also although it was after 5 pm they had some one take my wifes lexus in the back and give it a much better cleaning inside and out . for free

I recieved a call from the lexus dealership manager after the hoildays asking me how things where at his dealership and saying although they act as seperate dealers he would be speaking to the Manager at Kingsway Toyota about what happened . I got a call about a week latter it was the service manager from Kingsway Toyota saying he was sorry for what had happened and said they would give me a free oil change .

I said no thanks . When i bought a new tundra they Kingsway Toyota was not on my shopping list because of that .

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM Oakville Toyota....Ken Shaw is very good. They are very high volume so they make there money whether they get more from you or not. They have always been very good to me.

Vandermeer (Cobourg) Toyota is outstanding. They did two small warranty jobs with no questions asked.

Erin Park is OK.
Mississauga Toyota sucks
Dixie sucks.

STAY AWAY form Oakville Toyota.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts