Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree. The rear fender should be extended to cover the wheel.
I have one on order, I did ask the question about no flares in the photo they posted, but since duallys have many applications, they customize the bed to your need, flat bed, gooseneck, fifth wheel, tow truck applications ( autoloader or with sneeky-pete). If you have any questions, call them.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have one on order, I did ask the question about no flares in the photo they posted, but since duallys have many applications, they customize the bed to your need, flat bed, gooseneck, fifth wheel, tow truck applications ( autoloader or with sneeky-pete). If you have any questions, call them.
What is your truck going to look like?

·
Registered
528 Posts
What does Toyota say about that in regards to the Warranty?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Looks sweet, especially if it had bigger flares. Is this legit? The torque and mpg are wrong (canadian gallons different?), and the overall wording is quite poor. Otherwise I definately wouldn't mind having one of these. Having more wheels and a heavier duty axle would seriously reduce MPG, however.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Looks sweet, especially if it had bigger flares. Is this legit? The torque and mpg are wrong (canadian gallons different?), and the overall wording is quite poor. Otherwise I definately wouldn't mind having one of these. Having more wheels and a heavier duty axle would seriously reduce MPG, however.
Canadian gallons differ from American gallons. 1 Canadian gallon = 4.54 liters; 1 American gallon = 3.78 liters.

·
Registered
330 Posts
They really need some flares. That looks like total crap with the std. bed and would probably be unkind to the paint on the back of the bed.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
RETARDED!!!

Dually for a 1/2 ton? Why? If you require to haul that kind of weight then a 1/2 ton's frame is not engineered as such so why? If it's just for looks and you like to spin 4 wheels in the rear with the added weight, drag and maintence then maybe. :rolleyes:

Plus, the vehicle is illegal in most states. Wheels can not exceed 2 inches outside the wheel wells. If I require a dually it will be a 1 ton dually not a 1/2 ton with added tires. :D

Also, are they replacing the rear springs and axles? The Tundra would be CRUSHED by a 4klb load in the rear. The also said it gets 25 Candian miles to the gallon? Did they convert it to diesel? Or did they add hybrid technology? More like 18 Canadian Miles Per Gallon and that's empty not carrying a load. Did they upgrade the transmission? That company is so full of $h!t. :td:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have read many of the postings and for the serious tundra buyer as you can expect the uses are many and to flare fenders is childs play. Also for the people that repeatly call the tundra a 1/2 ton please do your home work 2000lbs the last time I checked is not a 1/2 ton further the conversion that is provided to our customers takes in to consideration the frame suspension, axles,tires and wheels. So your right its not for the guys that want 1/2 tons but if you require a dump , flatbed or wrecker and require 17850 gvw we have the truck for you..
Also many people pull RV's and yes pickups will do the job but pull the same with a dually you will find the truck rides better handles better and with out saying can be loaded without worry. Please feel free if you have questions ask I will be happy to answer.
Have a great day!!!!
Truckcanada:tu:

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
I have read many of the postings and for the serious tundra buyer as you can expect the uses are many and to flare fenders is childs play. Also for the people that repeatly call the tundra a 1/2 ton please do your home work 2000lbs the last time I checked is not a 1/2 ton further the conversion that is provided to our customers takes in to consideration the frame suspension, axles,tires and wheels. So your right its not for the guys that want 1/2 tons but if you require a dump , flatbed or wrecker and require 17850 gvw we have the truck for you..
Also many people pull RV's and yes pickups will do the job but pull the same with a dually you will find the truck rides better handles better and with out saying can be loaded without worry. Please feel free if you have questions ask I will be happy to answer.
Have a great day!!!!
Truckcanada:tu:
The 2000lbs payload capacity you speak of is only on the standard cab with the 8ft bed and the 5.7 liter engine and requires you to upgraded to the Max Payload Package. Otherwise you're talking about ~1,600lbs capacity which is 1/2 territory. I can buy a 1/2 Ford, Titan, Dodge or Chevy that will allow 2,000lbs. Hell, even the T100 with the V6 had a reg cab 4x2 8ft bed that had a 2,000lb payload. Still a 1/2 ton with 1/2 ton frame and springs. Just silly to me to put on dual tires when the rest of the truck cannot handle it. Just like there are not 3/4 Duallys from the big three. All duallys are 1 tons. I can see it now... the front wheel drive Honda Ridgeline will have dually wheels in the front! :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
The 2000lbs payload capacity you speak of is only on the standard cab with the 8ft bed and the 5.7 liter engine and requires you to upgraded to the Max Payload Package. Otherwise you're talking about ~1,600lbs capacity which is 1/2 territory. I can buy a 1/2 Ford, Titan, Dodge or Chevy that will allow 2,000lbs. Hell, even the T100 with the V6 had a reg cab 4x2 8ft bed that had a 2,000lb payload. Still a 1/2 ton with 1/2 ton frame and springs. Just silly to me to put on dual tires when the rest of the truck cannot handle it. Just like there are not 3/4 Duallys from the big three. All duallys are 1 tons. I can see it now... the front wheel drive Honda Ridgeline will have dually wheels in the front! :D
There is no max payload package/upgrade for the 5.7 Tundra, the tow package is standard. With the 5.7l you get the max payload for the particular trim/variation, included as standard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your right its a up grade to 2000 lbs but would you ask us to think that toyota strenghtens the frame when thay sell the upgrade. Further the ford 250 3/4 ton has the option of dually's and last but not least I have been the owner of a local towing company for almost 10 years and have had chev and ford in the fleet of 15 trucks if this is the best that the 350-450 fords and 3500 chevs can do than toyota will control the truck market shortly. I have built wreckers out of all the previous makes and toyota's product has been under rated but if you look back toyota has a history of building strong reliable units, and after our upgrade what was already good is now Great. Last but not least frame deign has change quite alot in the past 30 years and safe loads and stress loads are now more than ever built in to the design, the new tundra frame design is by far the best of it class and a few above it and this again due inpart to toyota's design team and to think outside the box. Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
First, I think the picture is photoshopped. Other than that it looks rediculous. Furthermore, tires which stick out past the body are a hazard on the road and are "ILLEGAL".

A 1/2 ton is a 1/2 ton. No one makes a 1/2 ton doolley for a reason, and IMO this conversion is silly. Or as someone put it "REDICULOUS".

I think many people are taking this C R A P of "bigger is better" and "I want to have the biggest blah blah blah" Way too far.

Grow up

·
Registered
16 Posts
First, I think the picture is photoshopped. Other than that it looks rediculous. Furthermore, tires which stick out past the body are a hazard on the road and are "ILLEGAL".

A 1/2 ton is a 1/2 ton. No one makes a 1/2 ton doolley for a reason, and IMO this conversion is silly. Or as someone put it "REDICULOUS".

I think many people are taking this C R A P of "bigger is better" and "I want to have the biggest blah blah blah" Way too far.

Grow up

Its not nice to accuse someone of photoshopping something, And it is understood that it is "ILLEGAL" for tires to stick out past the body, I can see you are a real genius. But it seems that you fail have the knowlege about what truckscanada is doing, customizing to your needs, as they have done for me. Depending on what you want to use it for they will customize the bed. These trucks are real. I see you are from the area why don't call them and take one out for a test drive.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Why is it so hard for all you geniuses to figure out that if you simply read the ebay item or the actual builders comments that the bed is just there until you tell them what to put on it. If you want a flat bed, dump bed, OR if you want they can add dually flares to the factory bed. The truck DOES NOT HAVE A COMPLETED BED ON IT. It is amazing what you can learn when you simply read.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
. If you want a flat bed, dump bed, OR if you want they can add dually flares to the factory bed. The truck DOES NOT HAVE A COMPLETED BED ON IT. It is amazing what you can learn when you simply read.
I did not have to even read the fineprint (nor the really big letters) to know that truck is not finished. Have people never been to a big Ford, GM, DCX dealer to know they sell cab and chassis versions? both straight rails and bed removals. I guess the could have gone ahead and removed the beds and stashed them out back, but then some bright individual would then wonder something like "why can't they modify my existing bed?"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do they also include the DOT required lighting, cab lights, fender lights and rear lighting?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts