Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few previous posts about getting my XM to work..well alas I took it to the dealer and either Toyota factory or port forgot to install the tuner...the dealer had to order one so i wont have it for a while...anyone else had a similar problem???

·
Registered
410 Posts
They are XM ready not XM EQUIPPED. I did nine years in autosales, this issue came up all the time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are XM ready not XM EQUIPPED. I did nine years in autosales, this issue came up all the time.
All 2010 models come with XM radio standard and 90 day free subscription...

In fact, 2010 SR5 has XM radio, Moonroof, Roofrack, Runningboards, Bluetooth standard. Only real option for SR5 seems to be "Sports Package"....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think so...as per my salesman, dealer service manager and Toyota customer care...XM is standard on 2010's and that it should have come with the tuner..thats why they are fixing it for free...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

from toyota's site,

the base stereo,

AM/FM/MP3 CD player, integrated satellite radio [3] with 3-month free subscription to XM Satellite Radio [3], aux/USB input with iPod® [4] connectivity, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® [2], steering wheel audio controls and eight speakers

but the footnote 3 is

Satellite radio requires XM-compatible receiver and monthly service fee. Vehicles without a factory-installed radio receiver require hardware purchase and installation. See your Toyota dealer for further details. Reception of the satellite signal may vary depending on location. All fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions subject to the terms and conditions available at www.xmradio.com. Available only in the 48 contiguous United States.

·
Registered
655 Posts
every region is different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
every region is different.
I totally agree...equipment, incentives and prices vary all over the country...makes you wonder why..anyway now that they took responsibility for forgetting the tuner they even mentioned working on getting me a free year of XM...will keep you posted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts