Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone has contact info about who to call when a dealership isn't solving a warranty problem. Can someone please provide me w/ that info asap.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Re: toyota is arguing with me about not covering a warrenty claim...help

How about telling us what's going on? Maybe some people have dealt with it before.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts

I believe there is a number in the back of your owner's manual and in the warranty booklet that comes with the truck when you buy it new :)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts

Read up on this: Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

·
Forum Admin
8,239 Posts

More info on warranties, what's covered by Toyota (not your extended plan):
Warranty Information - Toyota Owners

Got a questions, call the Customer Experience Center.
800-331-4331
Mon - Fri, 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PST
Sat, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PST

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
19001 South Western Ave.
Dept. WC11
Torrance, CA 90501

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much everyone for your help. Would anyone happen to have a link to a PDF of a 3yr/36k tundra warrenty info. I would just look at mine but like I said, my truck is at the dealership.
And for all who was wondering this is what happened.... long story but I'll shortin it up...
Driving down the rd, heard a loud bang... slowed down... rolled down my windows as i gradually slowed down and it sounded like metal scraping. a split second later my dash lit up lit a christmas tree... vsc, 4 hi/lo flashing, abs, all that jazz.
I got out walk to the back to see my muffler and half my exhaust dragging from behind my truck. it was wrapped around my rt rear axel. (Cutting the abs sensor, causing all the lights) I didnt want to drive it anymore, but was only a couple miles from home. So i call a buddy, we hacksaw the exhaust up so we can up wrap it from the axel and drive it home and start taking lots of pics.
So at this point my my exhaust is flowing from where the cat back exhaust would hook up. not hurting anything. I call the dealership monday mid day and explain what happened and since i was working swings I couldnt bring it in monday. So the rep asked me to bring it in tuesday. I leave tuesday and about 20 miles into the drive the exhaust goes from loud and clean to really loud and nasty/leaky sounding... so i pull over on the shoulder (at this point only like 5 miles from the dealership) and see that the passenger side downpipe cracked right before the 1st cat. I dont know why or how. Im assuming from the heat and weight of the unsupported cats and vibrations or what not. Either way I get there they give me a rental. I offer all my pics and they didnt want them. I go home and less then 24hrs later a guy calls me that can hardly speak english and tell me how he thinks someone tried to steal my cats. I kindly explained the whole story to him and he put me on the phone w/ the service manager who I had to explain the story again too. I offer to email him all the pics and all he says is "since this isnt a common problem and since it's a part that's not covered under warrenty, you are probably going to go through your insurance.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
You should have had it towed to dealer right when you 1st pulled over and not driven it any more...JMO.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Any idea how the exhaust and muffler broke off? Off roading? Or maybe someone tried to steal the cats and did not completely finished cutting off the pipes. Were you able to look closely on the entire exhaust for evidence of tampering or cutting? They may have seen some saw blade marks. Post some pics.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Someone probably did try and steal your cats, not warrantee issue, insurance issue.

·
Forum Admin
8,239 Posts
You have the stock exhaust all the way or is there some type of cat-back system on there?
The exhaust system on the truck carries a standard 8yr/90k mile warranty. It's called the major emissions warranty.

If someone did indeed try to steal your cats, not uncommon, then you will be covered by your insurance, minus the deductible of course. If you think it's a vehicle related issue, and your dealer is not hearing it, you should contact Toyota and have them talk to your dealer service rep.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sure sorry to hear of your misfortune. But at this point, it isn't Toyota arguing with you - it's the dealership. Dealers are completely separate businesses from Toyota. Some dealerships are good. Some suck. So if you can change the title of this post, please do so - mentioning your dealer is arguing with you.

Hang on to your pictures. Call Toyota. Get the Toyota rep involved and lay the whole works, pictures and physical parts, out for him. Maybe Toyota will work with you. If they do, the dealership will have to comply.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the info and yes, me and my buddy spent hrs inspecting everything (primarily to make sure that the exhaust didnt damage nething else ie, driveshaft, fuel lines, frame, gas tank, etc) but yeah, how would I go about contacting toyota. I checked their website and couldnt pinpoint which number/email to contact?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
thanks for the info and yes, me and my buddy spent hrs inspecting everything (primarily to make sure that the exhaust didnt damage nething else ie, driveshaft, fuel lines, frame, gas tank, etc) but yeah, how would I go about contacting toyota. I checked their website and couldnt pinpoint which number/email to contact?
Their info has already been posted in this thread for you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
call toyota corporate. only way to get **** done when the dealer *****es or says no

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Wear your uniform when you walk in to speak with mgmt. Might create some enthusiasm to assist you.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sounds like an insurance claim to me for a variety of reasons. Warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship, not user induced damage, vandalism, misuse, abuse, or accidental damage.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I also agree - sounds like some dirt-bag tried to swipe your cats, which I'm told are especially expensive in our trucks.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
If you "spent hours inspecting everything" would you not have seen evidence of someone trying to "steal' your cats??

Where are all the hacksawed-off exhaust components now? Do you still have them and can you still look for some evidence of attempted theft?

I'd be skeptical too...you don't think Toyota is going to ask you these very same questions?? Just sayin...

·
Registered
330 Posts

1-800-331-4331 And go ahead and plan on something to be doing to pass time while you listen to elevator music and how great we are here at Toyota before you finally get to speak to a (person) and the arguing over who's going to fix your truck really starts. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts