Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Before the typical bash, telling me to use the search function... know that I have searched this and other forums and google, tried all of those suggestions (the three I found) and still nothing.

My keyless entry buzzer for the Tundra stopped working. Ya know the subtle calm beeps on lock and unlock and long continuous on if door isn't shut.

Key FOB and light still work, but there is no tone anymore. Have checked the on dash settings and is set to "Tone and Lights". I have even gone as far as buying a new buzzer from TRDSparks, thinking it got wet now that its exposed with my new bumper. No dice

Is there a certain fuse that controls this? I've looked thru the manual at the fuse guide but those sounding relevant seemed fine.

Anyone had this problem? It's just rather irritating double checking my truck locked, and something not working.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
It's just rather irritating double checking my truck locked, and something not working.
Well. The parking lights flash, too, y'know.

The beeper is below the left front headlight. Remove the trim piece below the headlight, and there it'll be.

EDIT: Wow. MaylonTRD is pretty good with those searches.

Steve

·
Registered
415 Posts
Is there a certain fuse that controls this? I've looked thru the manual at the fuse guide but those sounding relevant seemed fine.
Another forum member (Daless2) compiled and posted this helpful PDF file that shows the Tundra fuses listed by system. It's for a 2007 model year, but should be useful for any 2nd-Gen Tundra. Try checking the fuses listed in the section "Wireless Door Lock Control" on page 5.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MaylonTRD, thanks for the links I had seen a few of those, but not all. Have not tried evertyhing suggested and that worked for other members on those. No luck.

StevJ as i mentioned the lights do indeed work, but I'm used to walking off and hitting button and beep is like a goodbye and im safe talk, ha. Always happens I'm out of key FOB range, so have to walk back towards truck to see lights. HA

SpyGuy thanks alot for the .pdf, should help narrow down the fuses. I'll check when I get home tonight.

I've downloaded the alarm manual and snagged some .pdf of wiring. hopefully i can trace this out... sucks that the closest dealer is 70 miles away.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Most likely its your door actuators that are broken. When the actuators start to go bad and one of the door locks is not properly engaging, the lights will blink, but the beeping noise will stop. Unlock all your doors, shut them, then hit the fob, if there is no beep, walk around and pull on each door handle. More then likely one of the locks is not locked properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts