Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a old 17001 navigation unit made by fujits ten limited. The manufactured year is 2000. How can I find any information on this unit? Does anyone know of a site that carries pinouts? I am aware that some of the older toyota units required a external ECU. Did this model require the ECU. If so, is is just for Navigation or is for functionality of the cd deck as well? The unit looks very similar to the E7001 only with a navigation button on the lower left hand corner. I appologize for the annoying questions but appreciate any help. Mike Gettinger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a old 17001 navigation unit made by fujits ten limited. The manufactured year is 2000. How can I find any information on this unit? Does anyone know of a site that carries pinouts? I am aware that some of the older toyota units required a external ECU. Did this model require the ECU. If so, is is just for Navigation or is for functionality of the cd deck as well? The unit looks very similar to the E7001 only with a navigation button on the lower left hand corner. I appologize for the annoying questions but appreciate any help. Mike Gettinger.
The external unit is for navigation. The E7001 is manufactured by Denso and includes the navigation system at the expense of the cassette player... not a big loss if you don't listen to cassettes. The DVD-ROM deck sits below the CD player slot where the cassette used to be.

As far as the connections are... they are not the same. This is because of the tremendous amount of changes involved over the past few years. The only way to compare the two units is to subscribe to Toyota's online resource called Toyota | Lexus Service Support. This gives you access to both Toyota and Lexus. You can buy it by the year or day to compare the connections. Not for the faint of heart.

My suggestion... buy an Eclipse AVN unit since they license the operating system used by a lot of OEM companies. It is a great system and gets lots of good reviews.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts