Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
toyota is going to revamp the tacoma for 2004 and a half expect to see it looking like the 4runners as allways and expect to see the new v6 and possibly a v8 option and also im told toyota will not offer a 4 banger on the tacoma anymore(hopefully that is not true but we will see.The next gen tacoma is also going to have a rear window that goes down on the 4 door truck similar to that of the new tundra quab cab..tacoma will be slighly bigger as well with more legroom.expect to see the new tacoma late new year.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Toyota will put a 4 cylinder engine in the new Tacomas. Thats been a rumor thats been going around for awhile now that is not true.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anyone know when Toyota may release some information on the next generation Tacoma? I definitely want a quad cab Tacoma, but the current generation rides too harsh for my family. I am hoping the next generation quad cab will be available with 6' bed, V8, and 5spd manual.......I can always wish, eh?

any information on the next generation tacoma, such as expected production dates and tech specs, would be appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah the 4 cylinder will definatly live on in the Tacoma, that is a definate. As for the V8, I don't know. But if I had to guess I would say the Tacoma will not see it, unless Toyota brings out the 5.4L V8 in the Tundra soon. Because a V8 Tacoma would hurt Tundra sales too much. But that is just what I'm speculating, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
96 Posts
derek9990 said:
Yeah the 4 cylinder will definatly live on in the Tacoma, that is a definate. As for the V8, I don't know. But if I had to guess I would say the Tacoma will not see it, unless Toyota brings out the 5.4L V8 in the Tundra soon. Because a V8 Tacoma would hurt Tundra sales too much. But that is just what I'm speculating, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Even if they did put a V8 in it it would probably be a limited fulltime 4WD . I would love to have the V8 but, but not with fulltime 4wd.

I think if it is whithin a year of the bigger V8, they would still put it in if they were planning on it.

Looking at the new Colorado numbers I would hazard a guess that it will not have a V8.

Just keep it durable and continue with locker option and I will be first to be buying.

I hope I am wrong!

·
Registered
202 Posts
LN13 said:
Even if they did put a V8 in it it would probably be a limited fulltime 4WD . I would love to have the V8 but, but not with fulltime 4wd.

I think if it is whithin a year of the bigger V8, they would still put it in if they were planning on it.

Looking at the new Colorado numbers I would hazard a guess that it will not have a V8.

Just keep it durable and continue with locker option and I will be first to be buying.

I hope I am wrong!
I would have to diagree, why would they make one of the most popular pick ups fulltime awd???? That would really make people not want it....

·
Registered
96 Posts
NoChevyonlyToyota said:
I would have to diagree, why would they make one of the most popular pick ups fulltime awd???? That would really make people not want it....

I am saying if you want the v8 (which we are not even sure of yet)I am more than sure the 4.0 will be the same great setup as it is now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the V8 does make it into the Tacoma it would be part time four wheel drive just like all 4x4 Tacomas are now not full time, and it would be offered in the SR5 as well as the limited. Toyota wouldn't mess up a good thing by putting Full time 4WD in the Tacomas, but you are right that it will still be a good dependable truck.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: First of the New Taco?

NoChevyonlyToyota said:
To me that looks similar to the style of Tacoma around 98-99....

thats the old school taco and not the one i was talking about ......the newer style looks like the new 4runner ...i have a mock up of the new tacoma around hear somewhere ill scan it and post a pict

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is the truck that Toyota currently sales everywhere else outside the U.S., in most places it is called the Hilux. Really the only thing that sets it apart from the Tacoma is the body styling and they offer it with a diesel and turbo diesel engines. You can't understand anything on that Thailand site, go to the Austrailian site at http://www.hilux.toyota.com.au/Hilux/HomePage/0,,,00.html if you want to be able to read about it and understand it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Those trucks on the Thiland site and Austrailian look like a redesigned old SR5 Japanese pickup.- What the compact truck would have been in post 1995 if we hadn't got the Tacoma as a replacement. The taco is great but it would be awsome to have the ability to purchase a Japanese spec. truck here. Unfortunatly the 98 T100 was the very last imported pickup from overseas.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks like 4 runner!

Edmunds has a spy pic of the 2005. Looks like a 03 4-runner. Can't wait to see it in person. If it can have a double cab and possible 4.7L V-8 or pumped up V-6 I might seriously look at getting one! The Tacomas have always been a great truck. I have a Tundra now and I like it but the Taco's have such a great, tough reputation.

·
Registered
222 Posts
derek9990 said:
That is the truck that Toyota currently sales everywhere else outside the U.S., in most places it is called the Hilux. Really the only thing that sets it apart from the Tacoma is the body styling and they offer it with a diesel and turbo diesel engines. You can't understand anything on that Thailand site, go to the Austrailian site at http://www.hilux.toyota.com.au/Hilux/HomePage/0,,,00.html if you want to be able to read about it and understand it.
Doesn't it seem strange though that the 2.7 liter I4 in Austrailia still has spark plug wires while the ones here have TDI (Toyota Direct Ignition)?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I doubt toyota will ever not offer a 4 banger (except for full size vehicles). There is always someone looking for an economic truck/car (ie: full size trucks with v6).

If there is a v8 I agree that there would be some trick to getting one, like you must get a quad cab or must have 4wd or somthing like that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts