Toyota Tundra Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
how about some pics of the failed caliper....not to mention horrible spelling and the 1 post count.

Troll i call.
Agreed......I have never seen a caliper explode and spray brake fluid all over the vehicle. I do AutoX, and other SCCA events several times a month and I never seen or heard of this happening. I have seen an over drive transmission pump explode and spray fluid all over the place.

Brake fluid corrosive enough to damage paint with clearcoat? Its not like the truck has steel brake lines...they are rubber and the fluid doesn't eat that.

Looks like one, smells like one........

·
Registered
416 Posts
Agreed......I have never seen a caliper explode and spray brake fluid all over the vehicle. I do AutoX, and other SCCA events several times a month and I never seen or heard of this happening. I have seen an over drive transmission pump explode and spray fluid all over the place.

Brake fluid corrosive enough to damage paint with clearcoat? Its not like the truck has steel brake lines...they are rubber and the fluid doesn't eat that.

Looks like one, smells like one........
I was trying to lean toward the "hey, anything can happen" angle, but you're right, it's a bit suspect...

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Give it till tomorrow, he may have only been on a minute and hasn't been around a computer all day. I don't personally believe it either, but pictures should prove it.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
actually like the others said, and this didn't dawn on me, I don't think brake fluid is that corrosive...unless you let it sit there for a while. Even still, I'm not so sure...are you sure that the battery didn't blow while you were trying to charge it or something....battery acid makes much more sense to me.

BTW, why have you not responded all day/evening...hmmmm.........

·
Registered
595 Posts
Brake fluid will definately mess up your paint or clear coat. How it got there I'm not sure, but if it wasn't wiped off quickly you will incur damage.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Toyota, or any other brand for that matter, is not obligated to give you a new truck. That's what warranties are for. With a good paint job, you won't tell the difference.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Brake fluid will definately mess up your paint or clear coat. How it got there I'm not sure, but if it wasn't wiped off in quickly you will incur damage.
Cool thanks man! Good to know!:):tu:

I like it when I learn new things...now I can act like an expert when all I did was sleep at a holiday inn exprss last night:D:D

·
Registered
595 Posts
I should say that glycol based brake fluid will damage paint. Silicone brake fluid (dyed purple) doesn't damage the paint.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The behaviour shown in the replies to this post is not acceptable. It is not in keeping with the guidelines of this site to attack someone because YOU do not believe the information contained in a post, or to assume that any post reporting a Toyota problem is being posted by a TROLL.

Show the same common courtesy you expect from others.
Can I have my comment posted back in the thread please..? I think knowing what we know now, all would agree that my instinct was right...

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Can I have my comment posted back in the thread please..? I think knowing what we know now, all would agree that my instinct was right...
And Mine! Over 24 hours and no return, BS.:mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Toyota Not Stepping Up To The Plate

All tundra owners I have photos of the expoxy garage floor my 2007 tundra damage.please help me out I do not know how to get them on the site .this is no joke the caliper seal was a toyota defect,first they said they would give me a new truck they went back on there word and now only painting the whole drivers side THATS NOT RIGHT:mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
toyota not stepping up to the plate

all tundra owners my new 2007 tundra had defected caliper spaying brake fuild all over driver side plus damage expoxy garage floor i have a photo of it and toyota wants to repaint the truck only has 700 miles. THATS NOT RIGHT:mad:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I bought a brand new Jeep in 1993, took it home and it leaked oil everywhere, I searched and found the oil sending unit loose I fixed it myself. Things can happen especially with a new vehicle and they usually are the strange ones production problems.

But exploding brake lines "BS" If you're going to post what appears as off the wall stuff, I recommend you learn to post pictures first, because no one believes you not trying to be rude but thats just the way it is, any other site would have thoroughly flamed you. This place is pretty civil, but with the recent troll infestation that post things just like this, people are less apt to believe you. well I hope you can understand where every one is coming from.

I'll wait to see pictures before I start calling you a troll, its very simple to upload pics, good luck :tu:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: Toyota Not Stepping Up To The Plate

All tundra owners I have photos of the expoxy garage floor my 2007 tundra damage.please help me out I do not know how to get them on the site .this is no joke the caliper seal was a toyota defect,first they said they would give me a new truck they went back on there word and now only painting the whole drivers side THATS NOT RIGHT:mad:
You can upload pictures to our Photo Gallery or upload the photo to any internet site and post the url to the image.

·
Registered
62 Posts
DP, you've changed your writing style, finally! Your threads are getting more and more ridiculous though. This one isn't even mildly entertaining.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts