Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a new Camry owner and this is my first post. My wife and I drove 1.5 hrs to Wilmington, NC to go get a Silver 07 Camry V6 LE, which we were told was in stock. Of course, it wasn't. We were told they could have that car for us by Monday. Long story short, we got it Wednesday. I talked to the General Manager, who apologized for a lot of the mishaps along the way, but he was happy the salesman told us the car was there to get us down there. He said that is their practice. So, I told him it was their practice to blatanly lie to potential customers. He pretty much agreed with me. So, I've learned 2 things: 1.) Never buy a car without it being right there, 2.) Never buy anything from Toyota of Wilmington. - Sean

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I think that this is a problem, but saying do not buy anything from them is a little bit of an overstatement.

Not to great of a first post.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am confused as to why you still purchased the car from them. I would have left almost as soon as I got there. I hope it was an incredible deal.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Dealers will say anything to get someone in the door who's obviously buying now! If you would have asked for a Purple Monte Carlo with rabbit interior and chandelier head lights, they would have said come on down we have three.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Dealers will say anything to get someone in the door who's obviously buying now! If you would have asked for a Purple Monte Carlo with rabbit interior and chandelier head lights, they would have said come on down we have three.
classic post, but again, not all dealers but as long as one does, it will seem like we all do. I agree with the post that as soon as you found out they were lying, you should have left. If every customer never put up with that stuff, they would have to stop.

I hear all the time from people that say they bought cars certain places and had a horrible experience. MY FIRST AND ONLY QUESTION TO THEM IS WHY DID YOU BUY THE CAR.

·
Registered
109 Posts
MAN! I think I use to own this car. But mine had pimp stars on it:devil:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hear all the time from people that say they bought cars certain places and had a horrible experience. MY FIRST AND ONLY QUESTION TO THEM IS WHY DID YOU BUY THE CAR.
That logic is like blaming the victim for the crime. :rolleyes:

If someone travels a distance they already have time & money invested....right??

Sometimes...like in my case...the problems didn't come to light untill after the deal was signed. :mad:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That logic is like blaming the victim for the crime. :rolleyes:

If someone travels a distance they already have time & money invested....right??

Sometimes...like in my case...the problems didn't come to light untill after the deal was signed. :mad:
I didnt blame the victim, every body here that reads that already knows that the dealer sucks.

so let me rephrase the statement, if you are in Northern California and there is another Toyota dealer every 5 miles, then you shouldnt put up with anything? Was that better?

The only way shady dealers will stop doing shady things is if you stop giving them your money. It is that simple

Of course my time is worth money but my money will demand service. I dont care how far I came, if I was lied too and the General Manager told me that he was happy that I was lied to, someone would be paying for my gas and buying me lunch and THEY WOULD NOT EARN MY BUSINESS.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Yeah....Dealers can be a real headache sometimes.
I had a dealer that I have bought 2 trucks myself, a truck for my son. My parents and other relatives have bought there also.
One day I'm in there spending $600.00 on maint stuff and tell them my window motor is acting up and ask if it's covered under the Platinum Warantee...They say NO it's not....Ok. I beleive them, no reason not to but of course we can check it out for you for a $$$. So I take a pass on the $125.00 look at my window fee.
So later on the motor goes completely out and of course the warrantee has now run out I call Toyota in Cali to complain about their crappy window motors ( I see all kinds of posts with the same problem) and they say...Sir it was covered!
So I go back to the dealer and say hey guys WTF it was covered under the warrantee and you advised otherwise. Well...they don't remember that conversation so for almost 3 months I get the run a round about well we are going to see what we can do to help you out and then I never hear back so I call again and get the same line of BS.
So to make a long story even longer I went to another dealer and gave them my sob story and they told me that they would be more than happy to eat the $$$ for the repair and couldn't figure out why the other dealer wouldn't repair it after all my busniess. Needless to say I have a new dealer and a new friend. I told the other dealer goodby and to go pound sand!!! So don't buy from Seeger Toyota in St. Louis!!!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yeah....Dealers can be a real headache sometimes.
I had a dealer that I have bought 2 trucks myself, a truck for my son. My parents and other relatives have bought there also.
One day I'm in there spending $600.00 on maint stuff and tell them my window motor is acting up and ask if it's covered under the Platinum Warantee...They say NO it's not....Ok. I beleive them, no reason not to but of course we can check it out for you for a $$$. So I take a pass on the $125.00 look at my window fee.
So later on the motor goes completely out and of course the warrantee has now run out I call Toyota in Cali to complain about their crappy window motors ( I see all kinds of posts with the same problem) and they say...Sir it was covered!
So I go back to the dealer and say hey guys WTF it was covered under the warrantee and you advised otherwise. Well...they don't remember that conversation so for almost 3 months I get the run a round about well we are going to see what we can do to help you out and then I never hear back so I call again and get the same line of BS.
So to make a long story even longer I went to another dealer and gave them my sob story and they told me that they would be more than happy to eat the $$$ for the repair and couldn't figure out why the other dealer wouldn't repair it after all my busniess. Needless to say I have a new dealer and a new friend. I told the other dealer goodby and to go pound sand!!! So don't buy from Seeger Toyota in St. Louis!!!!!
exactly how it should work. I had a dealer tell my son's mom that something was covered on her camry and it had only 350 miles left on her warrenty. Thank God I called them and chin checked them into fixing it and it was part of the power train warrenty. Sometimes you run into idiots but when the entire dealership acts stupid, it is time to move on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts