Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Did Toyota give you any freebies with the pedal fix?

• Yes they gave me free oil changes, car wash etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, just the fix and out the door.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 07 Tundra taken in for the recall to modify the gas pedal. I was given an apology letter from the dealership owner, a card for a free oil change and rotation, my truck was washed and detailed and I was given a card where I buy 4 oil changes and get one free. 2 were already punched for me. Overall It made me feel good. :tu: The dealer is Bob Tyler Toyota Pensacola Florida.

So tell me forum:

Has your dealer taken care of you above and beyond the pedal fix?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got a coupon for a $19.95 oil change that I gave to a friend since I do all my own maintenance.

I just had my 07 Tundra taken in for the recall to modify the gas pedal. I was given an apology letter from the dealership owner, a card for a free oil change and rotation, my truck was washed and detailed and I was given a card where I buy 4 oil changes and get one free. 2 were already punched for me. Overall It made me feel good. :tu: The dealer is Bob Tyler Toyota Pensacola Florida.

So tell me forum:

·
Registered
889 Posts
They offered car wash... as always if you bring in your vehicle for service... other than that... they fixed the gas pedal and adios!

... I didn't need the car wash... as my truck always clean.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes I took mine Tundra in this past weekend to get a few maintenance things done, ended up not needing anything. But they did change the petal, when I checked out they gave me
-$25 to the service or accessory department at the dealership. :first:
-$500- if I buy a new/used care from that dealership(good for a year, and I can give it too anyone.):second:
-$10 gas gift card to BP:third:

I was like HECK YEA!! :becky:

·
Registered
859 Posts
wow!good to hear bob tyler is that generous especially after he sold me the truck with no cleats on the bed rail system.
next time i'm in town i'll go over there to get it done.
Sorry for the mini hijack, but did they rectify the cleat thing? Normally they put the pack of cleats on the seat. Their instructions specifially tell them to do that rather then put them on the rails.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am still waiting on the first recall letter.........OH BOY did TOYOTA get its chain yanked in Cong. hearings. TOYODA is appearing tomorrow to say the he is so sorry. For all that its worth.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went on for an oil change last week during lunch and had them do the pedal also. Nothing free except the car wash, which they have done for free every oil change.

Jay

·
Premium Member
119 Posts

So tell me forum:

Did you have to leave the truck there all day? I have called Bob Tyler a couple of times to get this done. Once they told me that they only had the parts in for the camry's (that was BS) and last week they told me that I could not make an appointment. They said I would have to leave the truck there in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon. :td:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you have to leave the truck there all day? I have called Bob Tyler a couple of times to get this done. Once they told me that they only had the parts in for the camry's (that was BS) and last week they told me that I could not make an appointment. They said I would have to leave the truck there in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon. :td:
I dropped it off Friday night and picked it up Saturday afternoon. I made an appointment several weeks ago when they were jacking up my Camry Hybrid, which is still jacked up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I took mine in and they didn't mention a word about the recall, nor did they offer anything other than to take my money as usual.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I had to contact my local dealer about the recall. They had the parts for the pedal. I asked if they were offering any service discounts for customers effected and the person informed me about about free movie tickets and a 4 month road hazard service.

I mentioned I was due for an oil change and if they were offering discounts? I told him I use Mobil 1 0/20w. The service person quoted me $85 to which I replied .. is there some kind of discount I can get? I don't need movie tickets or road hazard service?

He agreed to give me the oil change for free ... toyota oil 0/20w.

In and out with everything in 1.5 hours.

The warranty charge for the pedal to Toyota is $63

·
Registered
251 Posts
My dealer offered a car wash which I turned down since there system is NOT touchless. Waiting room had free coffee, soda, tea, danishes, cookies, chips, etc.

Interesting thing is, I browsed the lot and the prices have not budged an inch in light of the recalls. I spoke with a saleswoman and asked if there were any incentives going right now, and she replied, "Toyota aint doin a thing to win back customers." She said everyone at the dealership is looking at coporate wondering what they are waiting for. She was very frank about the situation and said the dealers are pretty frustrated with Toyota right now and feel like they have been left out in the cold. To which I replied, "welcome to the club".

·
Registered
85 Posts
carwash. They also topped off all the fluids and did the 31 point safety check. They checked the gas cap box, but I took the key when leaving it for service. Maybe it was a 30 point safety check. (29, I took the dog biscuits too)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dealer offered a car wash which I turned down since there system is NOT touchless. Waiting room had free coffee, soda, tea, danishes, cookies, chips, etc.

Interesting thing is, I browsed the lot and the prices have not budged an inch in light of the recalls. I spoke with a saleswoman and asked if there were any incentives going right now, and she replied, "Toyota aint doin a thing to win back customers." She said everyone at the dealership is looking at coporate wondering what they are waiting for. She was very frank about the situation and said the dealers are pretty frustrated with Toyota right now and feel like they have been left out in the cold. To which I replied, "welcome to the club".
Our dealer washes are 2 Toyotas by hand and mine never see a brush carwash. I would rather it be dirty than see one of those.

I had a hunch that dealers are giving away stuff on their own with no help from corporate, hence part of the reason I started this thread. Dealers should not have to be the only one fighting to keep customers happy. My service advisor told me that most customers are very angry about the recal. Not good.

·
Registered
60 Posts

I'm in the market to buy a new truck and have been patiently waiting for prices to fall a wee bit. I've been looking and actually thought the prices have climbed some since I started looking. (I look a long time before buying. Last truck took me 13 months before I found a dealer willing to meet my price)
Maybe in about 6 more months Toyota will be ready for some trading until then the old Toyota is doing just fine.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
No letter for accelerator yet..........waiting for the TUNDRA to be part of nation wide ECM re flash. Tacomas CAN GET RE FLASH FOR BRAKE OVERRIDE and don't know why not TUNDRA?

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
No letter for accelerator yet..........waiting for the TUNDRA to be part of nation wide ECM re flash. Tacomas CAN GET RE FLASH FOR BRAKE OVERRIDE and don't know why not TUNDRA?

Got my notice re: accelerator, a month after my mat recall letter. ;) Going to wait till Toyota tows my tundra to fix the flat tire. So theres nothing I really can do about it except wait and see.

Sanosuke!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts