·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
756 Posts
"Toyota said owners who paid to have the work done will be reimbursed."

"The company said owners who paid for the fix should mail a copy of their repair order to the company's U.S. headquarters in Torrance, Calif., for reimbursement consideration."

WTH??? Consideration for what???? However it's nice to see that Toyota will step up to the plate. So everyone be sure to keep you air induction pump repair bill for possiable future reimbursment that could pay 2-3 months of your mortgage.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I would like that re-flash for my Tundra. I hate traction control, and it really sucks when it drastically cuts power.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would like that re-flash for my Tundra. I hate traction control, and it really sucks when it drastically cuts power.
Agreed. It's why I usually kill the nannies as soon as I start the truck - especially in 4-wheel drive conditions.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

i understand the annoyance. but how the fcuk is this a recall?? that is just how trac control operates, on almost every vehicle with DBW.

i dont know if they have some insider trading going on, but it seems as if toyota is purposely making their stocks tank.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Kind of amusing to me actually even though I have no doubt somewhere out there this is a real problem for someone who's had to deal with the issue.

Really, think about it: One week Consumer Reports rates one Toyota SUV a no-buy because the VSC doesn't interfere fast enough. The next week they have to recall another one because it jumps in too early.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts