Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to negotiate a lower residual value with Toyota Finanacial??? My residual is higher than the Trade In value but i would keep it if I can get a couple grand knocked off. I hate being flipped, so otherwise would just turn it in. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The last couple of leases I was in, they were willing to knock some cash off on a purchase. Just ask when you ready.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Toyota refused to negotiate when I turned in my '06 leased Tundra. The residual on the lease truck was about $1k higher than the sale price(purchase not lease) I was able to negotiate on a new '09 Tundra back in January of '09. I pointed this out and they simply refused to work a deal on the '06.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Yeah, some do and some dont. I bought a couple of discounted end of lease vehicles thru the years and handed the keys over on others. No experience with Toyota on a lease though. I'd be curious see if there has been any attitude change since the economy dump.
Remember, you make your last lease payment and STILL have the truck for 30 days. That's the time to shop for a new one and to attempt to negotiate the purchase of your old one.
Keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts