Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else hear salesman at Toyota dealerships saying negative things about the Crewmax? Obviously, they are trying to get you to buy one of the Tundras that they have in stock. Some of the things I have heard:

"Yeah, we had one in but we sold it. What are they, forty-three thousand or something?" After said I wasn't interested in anything else he said "Actually, we do have one that one of the salesmen is driving as a demo."

The only feature he pointed out "Of course, it has the five-and-a-half foot bed"

I said that I would come back to look at the Crewmaxes when they came in. "They told us not to expect any more until June."

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well, wait until the Crewmax is widely available. Then that same guy won't have enough good things to say about it. A car salesman could tell me the sky was blue, and I'd still doubt him.

·
Registered
435 Posts
A salesman cannot sell you something he doesn't have, so he's going to do whatever he can to get you off of the CrewMax and onto a DoubleCab. It sounds like he wasn't so much negative, as he was just trying to get the sales process to settle on something he has in stock. Can't say as I blame him, but if you want a CM then stick to your guns. I was told by one sales guy that Toyota was putting more pressure on them to sell the trucks, which were moving a bit more slowly than they had hoped. They aren't in much of a mood right now to talk about the trucks to come...they want to sell the ones they have NOW.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I can say for sure that any 5.7L 4wd is sold as soon as it hits our allocation. I currently have every 5.7L 4wd locked up through June

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's because the Double Cabs are a dime a dozen right now and the dealers are overstocked and trying to move them out. At least that's the story in my area.

·
Banned
888 Posts
LMAO !!!
Not a one with in 100 miles of here and the need for 6 was yesterday ......:rolleyes:
One poor Salesman has a Fleet Order for 8 and cant fill the order :eek:
TRD 4X4's are the ones sitting on the lot :sleep:

So make that 14 DC's

That's because the Double Cabs are a dime a dozen right now and the dealers are overstocked and trying to move them out. At least that's the story in my area.

·
Registered
585 Posts
LMAO !!!
Not a one with in 100 miles of here and the need for 6 was yesterday ......:rolleyes:
One poor Salesman has a Fleet Order for 8 and cant fill the order :eek:
TRD 4X4's are the ones sitting on the lot :sleep:

So make that 14 DC's

That's why I said "in my area". Come to Southern California and take your pick. Longo Toyota must have 50 of them. Crown Toyota has a bunch too, just like Claremont Toyota. No shortage here! They're swimming in 'em!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts