Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I read about this on the 4Runner forum I'm on. Crazy stuff but aparently whatever the problem is it doesn't affect the 4runner, Thank God!! Since I just spent like $34k on one!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think it is safe. Just slow down for turns and curves. Probably someone just went to fast and rolled it and now this. I call witch hunt again.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You've got to be kidding. They are stopping sale of a vehicle because the electronic stability control took a little too long to engage and if the vehicle hits a curb it could flip? WTF!!!!!!! I am fuming mad right now. Why the hell aren't people held liable for figuring out how to F*ING drive?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Morton's Salt: "when it rains, it pours"

·
Registered
112 Posts
Makes you wonder what else isn't working as intended... Toyota needs to hit reset and go back to the basics of quality manufacturing.

On the other side of the coin, it scares the hell out of me that the modern car babysits the driver to such an extent that someday pretty soon nobody will know how to drive a car without these nannys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I guess Toyota feels pressured to do this, because of the other circumstances.

I don't know if you remember, but the results of Consumer Reports have been called into question before. They're "for-profit" and need to stir the pot, too.

Anyway, this is an utter crock.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Makes you wonder what else isn't working as intended... Toyota needs to hit reset and go back to the basics of quality manufacturing.

On the other side of the coin, it scares the hell out of me that the modern car babysits the driver to such an extent that someday pretty soon nobody will know how to drive a car without these nannys.
How about right now? That's the "issue" with this Lexus. Someone goes into a corner too fast, lets off the gas, unweights the rear-end and causes oversteer. If the moron can't figure out to not lift completely off the gas and how to countersteer, then they deserve to flip their vehicle.

Consumer Reports has obviously never driven a Porsche 911 - talk about lift-off oversteer!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anybody remember a few years ago CS did the same thing to the Isuzu Trooper? Basically killed the brand in the US.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
How about right now? That's the "issue" with this Lexus. Someone goes into a corner too fast, lets off the gas, unweights the rear-end and causes oversteer. If the moron can't figure out to not lift completely off the gas and how to countersteer, then they deserve to flip their vehicle.

Consumer Reports has obviously never driven a Porsche 911 - talk about lift-off oversteer!
Most people don't even know what oversteer or understeer is, let alone deal with a driving situation unaided by all the fancy electronic gizmos that attempt to compensate for their poor driving skills - Heaven forbid if the vehicle isn't "perfect" :rolleyes:

Let's face it, most people on the road these days don't take driving a 2-3 ton misguided missile seriously. With the help of greedy lawyers and stupid people behind the wheel, we now have to rely upon the vehicle's electronics to pick up the slack for poor drivers.

I wonder what the world would do without ABS, VSC, radar guided cruise, etc :baby:

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I do hafta say...When you design a vehicle that is very narrow and very tall with high ground clearance and high center of gravity...what do you think will happen?? High probability of roll overs. No surprise here. No reason to stop sales of the vehicle though. I remember back when the Montero had the same issues...No big deal, just be cautious when you're driving one!!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
idiots.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I just don't get this... I know it is a "nanny" issue, but anything from even 10 years ago is going to have this situation since stability control is relatively a new implementation.
Also, is it just me, or did the previous generation GX seem MUCH more unstable... it was taller, narrower and more top heavy... ironic that this one is supposedly more dangerous around curves!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I thought this was a Tundra forum. We already have enough "issues" without the rest of the Toyota and Lexus family.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I guess Toyota feels pressured to do this, because of the other circumstances.

I don't know if you remember, but the results of Consumer Reports have been called into question before. They're "for-profit" and need to stir the pot, too.

Anyway, this is an utter crock.
some people will do anything for money wont they :td: consumers reports i just riding the wave to get more money from sales of their mag so they join that wave of bashing

·
Registered
655 Posts
goverment motors back at it again!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I saw that video, it slid sideways nicely like a sports car.

I guess have to bring it lower to the ground by 3 inches at the level of the 2010 4runner.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Just came across this article which really summarizes my feelings (but with much less swearing) of Consumer Reports and most drivers on the road:

Brake Turn Accelerate: There are Drivers, and there are Passengers Behind The Wheel
Guess what, it's called a reckless driving:D
And they forgot to mention that you may hit the pot whole as well on that ramp.
I did not see GX460 even slightly lifting the rear wheel.:ballchain:
Did not know you can drift something like that:crazy3d:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts