Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know who produces Toyota branded sythetic motor oil? I've heard Mobil from a Canadian source and AMSOIL from a local.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Best you can get is royal purple, but the Mobil one is a better if your on a budget and cant spare $80 a oil change.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Best you can get is royal purple, but the Mobil one is a better if your on a budget and cant spare $80 a oil change.
There is no best oil. All the true full synthetics out there are good.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I run Mobil1 and it's $21/5 qts at walmart so it's okay on the budget.

Since you're probably getting bent over by paying for a full synthetic oil change at Toyota (~100???), I'd go buy it at Walmart and then pay them for labor. It's typically about $60-65 that way.

-rockstate

·
Registered
229 Posts
Morning,

Which Walmart are you finding the 5-20 at? I can't find any big bottles!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2010 included free oil changes for life. The service manager says since it calls for synthetic, that is what they are going to use.

Note: Walmart does sell 5 quart containers of oil but that isn't enough for the 5.7 liter enging

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
My 2010 included free oil changes for life. The service manager says since it calls for synthetic, that is what they are going to use.

Note: Walmart does sell 5 quart containers of oil but that isn't enough for the 5.7 liter enging
Dang, if only there was some way to buy two 5 quart jugs. Hmmm...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dang, if only there was some way to buy two 5 quart jugs. Hmmm...
There are 2 Walmarts near & one of them will have Mobil 1 in the 5 quart container. I'm in MD, so maybe it is a regional thing with Walmart. My son uses it in his G35.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts