Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Should I Install A Supercharger in my Tundra?????

• YES!!!, IT WILL BE BADASSSSS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, its allready too awesome ;)

• Be like peter griffin and put jet fuel in it >:D

• DOLPHIN!!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Toyota Tundra 2004 4.7 liter V8 Dynoed the other day and someone asked me to post my results in this forum.
i don't remember everything but here are the basics that i wrote down.
Horsepower = 312.5 HP = :first:
Torque = 394.6578 LBS = :first:
i didn't do anything to my Tundra hes stock except for a muffler system and handling upgrades.
I will probably put a super charger in him so i can get around 200 more HP and 250 more torque :devil:,but i don't need it now since im in school.
PLEASE COMMENT!!!

· Registered
2,619 Posts
I got my Toyota Tundra 2004 4.7 liter V8 Dynoed the other day and someone asked me to post my results in this forum.
i didn't do anything to my Tundra hes stock except for a muffler system and handling upgrades.
I will probably put a super charger in him so i can get around 200 more HP and 250 more torque :devil:,but i don't need it now since im in school.
wait are u serious this is a stock 04 4.7 tundra and this is power at the wheels that cant be right the 04 i think were rated at 280ish at the motor then in 05 271

· Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,600 Posts
PLEASE COMMENT!!!
No way in hell are those accurate numbers on a stock 4.7L 2UZFE. Sorry.

And please don't use that bold italic font... it gives me a headache...

· Super Moderator
8,600 Posts
...it might of been chipped also...
What does that mean? What "chip"?

Are you really trying to tell us that you are getting +65-70 RWH on a 2UZFE with nothing more than a muffler? Either you're not remembering the numbers correctly, the folks running the dynos have no idea what they are doing, or both.

Further, your statement that you are going "...to probably put a super charger in him" so you can "get around 200 more hp and 250 more torque" just shows you haven't the foggiest notion what is doable on this engine, "dude"...

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What does that mean? What "chip"?

Are you really trying to tell us that you are getting +65-70 RWH on a 2UZFE with nothing more than a muffler? Either you're not remembering the numbers correctly, the folks running the dynos have no idea what they are doing, or both.

Further, your statement that you are going "...to probably put a super charger in him" so you can "get around 200 more hp and 250 more torque" just shows you haven't the foggiest notion what is doable on this engine, "dude"...
ok "dude", I've heard people can supercharge their tundra's and get about that amount of hp and torque when they do, secondly Ive gone to dyno experts and they were dazzled on the performance of my truck also they dynoed it multiple times and on two different machines. Ive read reviews on them and most to all of the reviews are very very good. I am also remembering the numbers correctly because i have the tunening printout right here in my hands. What i ment by "chipped" was maby my brother connected a tuning programmer under the console and set it to a higher performance mode..............

· Registered
171 Posts
Dude dont say i wasent rite about your numbers LOL, im on vehicle #9 and 4th Toyota truck, a 5.7 at the wheels is around 300-315 depending on the machine, so technically your 4.7 is packing 381 hp???

sooo lets see
chip, headders, catback, elec fan, lighten pulleys
a maximum of 360 at the crank and about 285 at the wheels
and the TRD SC will give you 120hp to the crank at maximum

dont he sound like the guy with the black lifted 2nd gen tundra who claims he had 500hp with bolt on's and everyone made fun of him till he beat the **** out of the truck and broke it, now he is still paying for the truck and its not even working

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

dude whats your problem i don't have the money to upgrade it on a highschool job and the only other person who owqned it was my brother and all he said he did was put on a cold air intake and a new exhaust system a friend asked me to post this info on this website so people could help me figure out why im getting "such" a preformance boost...............

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dude dont say i wasent rite about your numbers LOL, im on vehicle #9 and 4th Toyota truck, a 5.7 at the wheels is around 300-315 depending on the machine, so technically your 4.7 is packing 381 hp???

sooo lets see
chip, headders, catback, elec fan, lighten pulleys
a maximum of 360 at the crank and about 285 at the wheels
and the TRD SC will give you 120hp to the crank at maximum

dont he sound like the guy with the black lifted 2nd gen tundra who claims he had 500hp with bolt on's and everyone made fun of him till he beat the **** out of the truck and broke it, now he is still paying for the truck and its not even working
i don't have the money to upgrade it on a highschool job and the only other person who owqned it was my brother and all he said he did was put on a cold air intake and a new exhaust system a friend asked me to post this info on this website so people could help me figure out why im getting "such" a preformance boost...............

· Super Moderator
8,600 Posts
ok "dude", I've heard people can supercharge their tundra's and get about that amount of hp and torque when they do, secondly Ive gone to dyno experts and they were dazzled on the performance of my truck also they dynoed it multiple times and on two different machines. Ive read reviews on them and most to all of the reviews are very very good. I am also remembering the numbers correctly because i have the tunening printout right here in my hands. What i ment by "chipped" was maby my brother connected a tuning programmer under the console and set it to a higher performance mode..............
You've been seriously misled. On all counts.

Here's your reality in a nutshell: You are not pushing those hp or torque numbers on a normally aspirated, stock 2UZFE. :cool:

· Registered
Way darker than yours
7,248 Posts
Have to agree with Remmy here, I don't think you are intentionally making up numbers, I think whoever ran your dyno tests was on a good one. It isn't feasible to get that much horsepower in that way. Most dyno's I've seen with full exhaust, headers and with or without a cold air intake are lucky to see 215hp at the wheel.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.