Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
that site makes me :cry: stories just seem comercialized to me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'd seen it briefly before, but this time I looked at their sign-up process. Overall, I'd say it's one of several marketing-oriented sites Toyota has established to draw various segments of their customer base to join ToyotaOwnersOnline.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid, but when I see signup processes geared to require specific personally identifiable data, I begin evaluating how the site's owners are likely to use it :confused:. In this particular case, they were still promoting a drawing whose entry deadline had already passed (according to the rules provided) :td:, as well as requiring snail mail and email addresses, VIN, etc.

Other than the amateurish presentation :rolleyes: of a supposedly obsolete offer, I wouldn't be too concerned if I was only providing this info to Toyota. However, without looking for their Privacy Agreement, I suspect the info will be shared with their promotional "partners". At that point, the question becomes "Will the promotional offers be worth the likely tradeoff from increased spam and junk mail?" :tu: :td:

I decided to adopt a wait-and-see attitude :sleep: rather than sign up just yet. If others who've joined report back with good news and examples of some of those avertised offers, I'll re-evaluate my position. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd sign up for it because they'll probably send you coupons. I receive good coupons from my local dealer which is a result of having service done there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts