Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone knows the cylinder head bolt torque specifications for the Toyota V8 5.7L??? Have been searching for this with no luck...:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Here's the information you're looking for. I also attached the loosen and tighten sequence. Hope this helps.
Those docs only contain links that don't work :confused:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Someone knows the cylinder head bolt torque specifications for the Toyota V8 5.7L??? Have been searching for this with no luck...:confused:
WOAH whatcha doin??

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I guess I should have asked before finding the answer! Don't mess with it if it ain't broke! It's not that cut and dry by the looks of the diagrams.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
See attached files. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
a little port and polish??

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
please help with the sequence and torque for the cylinder head bolt on a tundra 5.7L 2011...

Not trying to be a dick but did you not read post 2? What you are looking for is right there is it not?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i did read the information, but i am getting different information from another sources and does not correspond to this one here, so im confused, just looking for the accurate information for the 2011,maybe this year was built different????, im not a mechanic, but ill love to get it done right in order to avoid future issues...

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Ah, now I understand. I'm no mechanic either but I do work for Toyota and those sheets posted look like the same ones we can bring up at work that are used for torque reference. I would tend to believe these ones look legit. Did the other torque specs you got look similar or are they way different numbers?

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Just for reference:

The 2007, 2010, and 2016 FSM's all say to tighten to 27 ft/lb then tighten each bolt another 90 degrees.

·
Registered
4 Posts
please help, just wondering if i can replace the piston rings just with the cylinder heads out??, or should i have to dismantle anything else in the short block, i am an amateur at this but i am very intrepid and curious i guess... thank you in advance...

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
The short answer is that there is a lot more involved than that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts