Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just read on tundratalk toyota was coming out with a TSB which addresses the bed bounce issue we've been having.
apparently the tsb will mention new gel filled or different durometer body mounts?
remains to be seen if it's even true and that the fix works.
keep your fingers crossed.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I've never experienced bed bounce but I hope this is true for all the guys that do.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
just read on tundratalk toyota was coming out with a TSB which addresses the bed bounce issue we've been having.
apparently the tsb will mention new gel filled or different durometer body mounts?
remains to be seen if it's even true and that the fix works.
keep your fingers crossed.
I will welcome the new mounts. I hope it actually helps.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Me either...but I did see an F-150 yesterday whose bed was bouncing up and down like a stripper working a pole.
Do you have video/photos... of either of them? :D

I've had mine bounce a couple times, as there's a 30ft patch of really-bad roadway by my house... I'm interested to see if this TSB is legit

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ive got a new '10 DCSB and mine bounces like a mofo, will shake the fillings out of your teeth. Only happens on concrete freeways. I think its just a combination of a c- channel frame and longer than normal wheel base.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I've seen the New F150's bounce just as much too. My parents just bought one and it has that same jiggle when you slam the tailgate shut. Also one of the members here who switched from a Tundra to an F150 said the ride felt very similar to the Tundra and commented on why Ford makes such a big deal about their fully boxed frame when it doesn't seem to help their ride as much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've seen the New F150's bounce just as much too. My parents just bought one and it has that same jiggle when you slam the tailgate shut. Also one of the members here who switched from a Tundra to an F150 said the ride felt very similar to the Tundra and commented on why Ford makes such a big deal about their fully boxed frame when it doesn't seem to help their ride as much.
I came from a loaded '06 Titan. It was a very stout truck and rarely ever had a bed bounce problem. Titan no doubt has the beffiest frame in the 1/2 ton class

·
Registered
916 Posts
Mine drives great the majority of the time. There is a small stretch of highway though with concrete expansion joints, and I can feel a bounce when I drove over that. I can see how long stretches of this type of roadway could be annoying.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine drives great the majority of the time. There is a small stretch of highway though with concrete expansion joints, and I can feel a bounce when I drove over that. I can see how long stretches of this type of roadway could be annoying.
We have alot of concrete in southern california.....Your eyes start to blur and your brain feels like its in a washing machine

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are two stretches of concrete highway here all 07+ tundras experience this when the bed is empty. I just changed from P rated tires to E load rated and it slightly reduced/changed the feel of the bounce but its still there. When I have 250lbs or more in the bed or pull a large trailer, I don't experience it anymore or its very minimized. I'm curious if mounts would reduce it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are two stretches of concrete highway here all 07+ tundras experience this when the bed is empty. I just changed from P rated tires to E load rated and it slightly reduced/changed the feel of the bounce but its still there. When I have 250lbs or more in the bed or pull a large trailer, I don't experience it anymore or its very minimized. I'm curious if mounts would reduce it.
Switching mounts might fix the visual but i doubt it will fix my fillings falling out

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I agree - I have a couple bags of leftover concrete that I need to return to home depot.... 120lbs total I think. I keep "purposely" forgetting to return them cause they help alot.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I experienced first hand in CALIFORNIA..as most folks have said its bad in Cali. I was doing a trip to legoland and going through banning which is the 10 I believe and boy its boucny the whole car in general, but the kids in the back seat loved it...if I Had to experience that on a daily basis I would get rid of the tundra...here in arizona I experience it, but not as bad as cali.
I've never experienced bed bounce but I hope this is true for all the guys that do.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I experienced first hand in CALIFORNIA..as most folks have said its bad in Cali. I was doing a trip to legoland and going through banning which is the 10 I believe and boy its boucny the whole car in general, but the kids in the back seat loved it...if I Had to experience that on a daily basis I would get rid of the tundra...here in arizona I experience it, but not as bad as cali.
I-10 through Banning is one of the worst. Even with the toyhauler. Don't miss the rest stop, cuz you'll need it.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I live about 10 mins from Legoland. Should have mentioned you were in the area.

·
Registered
754 Posts
oh man maybe next time we should meet up I think we plan another trip (depends on finances) in about july time frame end of it. We like to take the trip there once/year for family get away. We stay at the sheraton hotel at legoland and boy those are nice hotels.....

oh anyways yeah man that trip killed me I actually had to pull off to go the bathroom due to the bounce never had to pea so bad. stopped at a gas staton the chevron and they didnt have a bathroom had to cross the busy street to walgreens.....man the whole family had to pea so bad....from the bounce....:D
it was funny the wife commented how bad the bounce was and I responded, "yeah on tundrasolutions.com we call this the "TUNDRA BOUNCE"......
I live about 10 mins from Legoland. Should have mentioned you were in the area.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a "10" DCSB but I have yet to experience "bedbounce" here in south texas..mabey its just just so damned hot and humid that I dont notice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts