Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting the toytec ultimate lift kit, thats not the problem or the question.
Oh, before i get attacked I have searched and havent been able to find the answers, if they are there, im sorry, i did not see them.

ok, I want to get that lift, which lifts it 3 1/2" in the front and 1 1/2" in the back. I would like to put teflon mojave or teflon chambers wheels with 32" or maybe even 33" tires. What size rims do i need for there to be no rubbing? I would like to keep 17" im mainly talking about back spacing and such.

Also, should i go ahead and buy new UCAs? Ive heard that its not good to keep the stock ones. I was looking at Camburg or Total Chaos.

One more, im really sorry for my ignorance!
How would i get the wheels to stick out a little more than they already do?

Thanks so much for any help you guys can give.:ts:

·
2,444 Posts
Don't know if you are aware but there are specific forums on this site for wheels here: Tires and Wheels - Tundra Solutions Forum and for suspension here: Suspension & Axle - Tundra Solutions Forum. If you only searched here in the open Gen 1 forum that may be why you did not find answers. Some threads will get moved.

Don't know about that lift. I have read good things about either set of UCAs. And, to move your wheels out you can either get a different offset (I believe stock is 6") so you might want 5", 4.5", or 4". You could also do wheel spacers. Some people really frown on them and others have them installed and have no problems. If you do the spacers don't go cheap get some good ones like Spidertrax. JMHO take it for what it's worth which may not be very much.

Good Luck with your project(s)!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah I am interested in the same lift too. I was hoping to wait to get the UCA later, but I really dont know.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
lftundra, ive been sitting on the toytec coilovers for the last 6500 miles. good choice. depending how high you want to go, i will assume 3 1/2", you ideally want a wheel with 4" of backspace. 4 1/2" will most likely work if you are 2wd like me but it depends on what size tires you plan to run. im on 285/75 16. i see you want 17" rims but the backspace is the same requirement. to be safe look for 4-4 1/4". i chose not to lift the rear, looks tall enough to me but i doubt that will change what you need up front. if you need more info, call toytec and ask for derrick. i called him a few times feeling pretty dumb and was grateful that he has so much knowledge about toyotas and even competitors products. i do advise camburg ucas as my balljoints are angled pretty hard. when my wallet gains a little weight thats what im getting. you may want to change the zerk fittings to a 90 degree zerk, they put it in a tight spot and i hear this little mod saves a lot of foul language. ask camburg what lube you need for the uniballs, i know its a dry lube but im not sure whats best. use the wrong lube and your balls will squeek, also they will attract dirt causing premature wear. keep them clean. and never feel bad asking a question here. its not ignorant. ignorance is knowing what to do and ignoring it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts