Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I currently have steel rim wheels on my 07 tundra long bed. I bought a set of OEM aluminum rim wheels from ebay and they are shipping me. I wonder if I can have toyota dealer to swap TPMs on my steel rim wheels and put in the new aluminum rim wheels? is the TPM on steel rims the same as aluminum rims? Please help.

I am still looking for wheel lugs of aluminum wheels. I wonder if the lugs are the same as for any other OEM aluminum rim. The dealer lugs are expensive.

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 06 Tundra that had the steel wheels and I was able to reuse the TPM sensors on my aftermarke Helo's. It might not be a perfect fit but they should still work. PM FEARTOY. He might know for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alloy sensor angle is 20 degrees. Steel wheel sensor is 40 degrees. The Steel wheel sensors will not work with OE alloys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I bought my 07 RCSB.. It came with Alloys and i wanted steelies...the saleman says they are not interchangable. I cant just SWAP Wheels without swapping sensors and it would cost 200.00 PER sensor....LIES Im sure.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, the salesman is sort of wrong. The alloy wheel sensors will fit fine, but they will stick out enough that they will probably break the sensor off if they ever try to dismount the tire.

I can't see the dealer charging more then $110 per sensor...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am going thru the same thing. I have brought two set of sensor before I got the rite ones. I upgrade from the 5 spoke steel wheel to the alloys wheel that come with the TRD upgrade and then the fun began. You must keep the old sensor out of the steel wheel until you get your Tundra program for the new sensors (you will still have one in your spare tire and they need to replace the code of the old ones with the new ones), next it is cheaper to go to a tire shop and have the new sensor put in and then go to Toyota dealer and have you truck program for $75 to $100. If you have the dealer put them in it will cost you $250. If you PM me I will give you the correct part number for the alloy wheel senor. I will sell the other two sets that I have by part number. Good Luck Norm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts