Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I currently have steel rim wheels on my 07 tundra long bed. I bought a set of OEM aluminum rim wheels from ebay and they are shipping me. I wonder if I can have toyota dealer to swap TPMs on my steel rim wheels and put in the new aluminum rim wheels? is the TPM on steel rims the same as aluminum rims? Please help.

I am still looking for wheel lugs of aluminum wheels. I wonder if the lugs are the same as for any other OEM aluminum rim. The dealer lugs are expensive.

Thanks

·
Schumacher! Need I say more?
155 Posts
Hello guys,
I currently have steel rim wheels on my 07 tundra long bed. I bought a set of OEM aluminum rim wheels from ebay and they are shipping me. I wonder if I can have toyota dealer to swap TPMs on my steel rim wheels and put in the new aluminum rim wheels? is the TPM on steel rims the same as aluminum rims? Please help.

I am still looking for wheel lugs of aluminum wheels. I wonder if the lugs are the same as for any other OEM aluminum rim. The dealer lugs are expensive.

Thanks
Not sure on tpm's. I had the same issue with my 04 wheels. I bit the bullet and bought oem and was happy with the quality. The price you pay, I guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Atlanta_Tider.

I have called a few toyota dealer, some said they are the same and some said they are not. I am very confuse about this. if you said you work for a dealer, I believe you. Do you have any idea how much the TPM's cost? don't know if they are worth to put on.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I was told the TMPS could be reused if you had the standard steel wheels but not if you had the styled steel wheels.
The TPMS cost me roughly $135.00 each.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Atlanta_Tider.

I have called a few toyota dealer, some said they are the same and some said they are not. I am very confuse about this. if you said you work for a dealer, I believe you. Do you have any idea how much the TPM's cost? don't know if they are worth to put on.

Thanks
$130 each from what I remember. We ran into this a few weeks ago when we were upgrading from steel to a set of OEM takeoffs we had in parts. My tech tried to get around it with no luck. We then pulled some TRD wheels out of the box and what do you know the stock TPMS from the steel wheels worked with the TRD wheels. Talk about stupid planning for customers. Don't get me started on the TPMS system. :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$130 each from what I remember. We ran into this a few weeks ago when we were upgrading from steel to a set of OEM takeoffs we had in parts. My tech tried to get around it with no luck. We then pulled some TRD wheels out of the box and what do you know the stock TPMS from the steel wheels worked with the TRD wheels. Talk about stupid planning for customers. Don't get me started on the TPMS system. :eek:
So what you said that I have to buy 4 new TPMS for OEM aluminum rim. I don't understand why toyota doesn't make them the same. Now the TPMS from my steel rims will sit there for nothing and I have to spend about $540.00 for the TPMS. Pain in the butt. Is your dealer in Massachusetts? If it is, i will bring it to you since you already did this kind of work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So what you said that I have to buy 4 new TPMS for OEM aluminum rim. I don't understand why toyota doesn't make them the same. Now the TPMS from my steel rims will sit there for nothing and I have to spend about $540.00 for the TPMS. Pain in the butt. Is your dealer in Massachusetts? If it is, i will bring it to you since you already did this kind of work.
I don't understand why Toyota makes different sensors for different wheels, I hate it for my customers. Sorry but I am in Canton, GA !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts