Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the truck up to the Tenn mountains this past week. TPMS light came on the 1st day after arrival. Checked PSI in all 5 tires = OK. Light remained on entire time while in Tenn but went off somewhere south of Atlanta. I'm wondering if the 'nominal' change in temperature from FL vs TN or the change in altitude could have caused the light to come on & then go off as I returned to 'flat' land / constant warmer temps? We're only talking a 2K elevation difference and less than 20 degrees in temp diff. THANKS

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on fellas, 24 hours and no takers? Show me some luv.
Somebody has to have encountered this?
Just gremlins playing w/ the TPMS?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I doubt that would do it. I drove from sealevel and 70 degree temps up to 5000 feet and over 100 degree temps and nothing.
That sounds weird to me that it would just go away on its own. What were the pressures when you checked them?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt that would do it. I drove from sealevel and 70 degree temps up to 5000 feet and over 100 degree temps and nothing.
That sounds weird to me that it would just go away on its own. What were the pressures when you checked them?
I went from sea level to 2,000 ft and 95 degrees down to 55-75. Dont know if the lower temps combined w/ what I'd call a nominal change in altitude caused the glitch. All of the tires were aprox 32 psi. Light has been off (back in FL) for a couple of days now. I've read some of the other threads about calibration, batteries, POS, etc, regarding the TPMS.

thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts