Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,517 Posts
Hey, if you want to put the safety of your children at risk because of a couple hundred dollars... Thats fine.. I do not think you should advertise that..

TPMS light will flash when either there is a dangerously low amount of air in the tire or when the sensors battery is dead had a malfunction..

Most places will check for free which one it is... and on average its 75.00 installed per sensor and 25.00 for a reprogram.. So if one sensor is bad, I believe the safety of my kids is well worth it..

When anything on your dash is blinking... it means pull over and get it checked now..
Wow. Just... wow. Business must really be slow at Midas for you to troll here. Not that I'm surprised. Midas sucks.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Remmy what's happening to me? I'm turning into a miserable bastard like you. ;)
How did you manage to turn me to the dark side? I was trying to turn you.
Oh wait, I got it, replies like the one above from the golden touch.
So this is what it feels like on your side..........

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey, if you want to put the safety of your children at risk because of a couple hundred dollars... Thats fine.. I do not think you should advertise that..

TPMS light will flash when either there is a dangerously low amount of air in the tire or when the sensors battery is dead had a malfunction..

Most places will check for free which one it is... and on average its 75.00 installed per sensor and 25.00 for a reprogram.. So if one sensor is bad, I believe the safety of my kids is well worth it..

When anything on your dash is blinking... it means pull over and get it checked now..
Dangerously low is a bit of an exaggeration, mine comes on if only a few pounds low, hell I ran the BFG ATs on my 4Runner around 26 pounds at all times just for better ride quality.

How did we ever survive before dash warning lights?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow. Just... wow. Business must really be slow at Midas for you to troll here. Not that I'm surprised. Midas sucks.
Went to a Midas to have my tires rotated and when I told them I was not going to pay their service fee for "recalibrating" the tpms sensors to their new locations because my vehicle did not sense or display the location of the tpms sensors they told me it was required by law and was not optional, I walked out. I guess firestone is breaking the law...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Disable those sensitive sensors. A dummy light like that will drive you out of your ever-lovin-mind without displaying the actual tire pressure for you to monitor. If you hit a nail, you will need a spare tire. Carry a spare tire, a jack you can trust on a gravel shoulder, and a lug nut wrench you have used/practiced with; know that it is long enough for you (or whoever may use it) to get enough leverage to break the lugs loose. Last but NOT LEAST, make sure you have all of the necessary extensions to lower your spare, and that the lowering crank and cable are in "good-working-order." Nothing like trying to dislodge a spare tire from your undercarriage because the crank is froze up. Oh and.. make sure the spare has sufficient pressure in it. You wouldn't want that TPMS light to come on again after all that..

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Its kind of buried but here's what you were looking for:
Gallery Message - Photo Gallery

Where this is stored is in DIY section of the gen 1 category, but again, buried. 1st gen mods, builds and write ups then you will see the DIY section. Very first one is TPMS disable.
Something else you can try is on any page on the right hand side you will see the google custom search box. Type in something there like TPMS disable. And good job adding to an existing thread rather than adding to a new one. Glad to see someone new trying to navigate their way around and not just starting a new thread. Points to you my friend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I have this same issue sensor have all been replace so a trip today to the Toyota dealership and they inform me it's a computer issue. I went became of the recall regarding the sensors and needing to be recalibrated and after two attempts this is my answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had something happen similar on my 2006 Double Cab. On a trip to Oklahoma the TPMS light started blinking constantly. My tires were definitely not low on air pressure. The TPMS sensors including the one on the spare were all less than a month old. Once I got back home I made an appointment at Discount Tire and they were able to just reprogram them and all seems well so far.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts