Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short:

Traded in my 08 CM for a 2010 CM. Same truck, just new. I took the old tires and wheels off the old Tundra and put them on the new Tundra because they were high $$ 10 plys I use for towing a 7000lb TT. Now my TPMS light stays on all the time. I hate these systems. Can I disconnect so the light will not come on?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the sensors from the old wheels that where put on the new truck are not sensing because they don't recognize. Got it. I will look that up in the OM. They are the same wheel style, so I figured it wouldn't be a problem. Guess not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I believe the sensors are programmed for the specific truck they are mounted on. I think the sensor numbers in your old wheels will need to be programmed for the new truck by dealer.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Where are the wheels from the new truck? Does the dealer have them? You can switch modules and no programming needed. assuming you now have the old sensors on the new truck.
you can also have the dealer or some tire shops reprogram the sensors you have now. Expect close to $100.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The old sensors are on the old truck at the dealer now. The truck is in the used car lot, but no takers as of yet. I'll go get them taken off.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
You switch the module under the dash by glove box and both vehicles will have the light off if the dealer has not already reprogrammed it.

·
The Tire Guy
261 Posts
Just have the sensors reprogrammed, $100 IS A JOKE. We reprogram sensors all day and don't charge anything, unless they are rude then max $50. If, let me say that again IF the dealer will do the swap, they'll charge you for 8 dismounts and mounts and 8 balancing charges. I have yet to have to do a new tundra, I know some of the imports can only be set by the dealer through the obd port, but I'm not sure. Look in the book or call the dealer and ask them what the reprogramming procedure is, play like you work for a local tire shop. We call dealers all the time for help, sometimes there cool and sometimes they act like only dealers can act.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Just have the sensors reprogrammed, $100 IS A JOKE. We reprogram sensors all day and don't charge anything, unless they are rude then max $50. If, let me say that again IF the dealer will do the swap, they'll charge you for 8 dismounts and mounts and 8 balancing charges. I have yet to have to do a new tundra, I know some of the imports can only be set by the dealer through the obd port, but I'm not sure. Look in the book or call the dealer and ask them what the reprogramming procedure is, play like you work for a local tire shop. We call dealers all the time for help, sometimes there cool and sometimes they act like only dealers can act.
It does sound like you have not done a Tundra. For this problem, programming or swapping module is the only option. Swapping sensors is a lot more work and costly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts