Toyota Tundra Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone point me in the right direction of where the TPMS module is and the wire..I have already taken the glove boxes out and I believe the pictures and information offered is for the 1st Gen.
Thank You
i'm about to do this to my 2nd gen, according to the FSM it is on the upper right corner next to the glove box. ill go run outside in a few and see if i cant locate it in my 2nd gen.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
So for those who wanted to see where the ECU is, once you remove the glove box, and the glove box mounting panel, you will see it (circled in red in the picture).

I hooked up my 2.2k and 1k ohm resistor, and the zener diode and hooked it up to the yellow wire. wanted to test the voltage before hooking it up to the light green wire. i see i have 10v coming thru the resistors and diode. has anyone actually checked what voltage is being delivered thru this jumper?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
So for those who wanted to see where the ECU is, once you remove the glove box, and the glove box mounting panel, you will see it (circled in red in the picture).

I hooked up my 2.2k and 1k ohm resistor, and the zener diode and hooked it up to the yellow wire. wanted to test the voltage before hooking it up to the light green wire. i see i have 10v coming thru the resistors and diode. has anyone actually checked what voltage is being delivered thru this jumper?
So turns out when there is no load going thru the circuit, its putting out 10v, when a load hits it drops down to 4v. good to go! Just hooked it up tonight and no more TPMS light.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Subscribed. I'm debating this mod vs. keeping the safety feature. TPMS has spotted nails for us before. It'll cost me $300 for 5 new sensors on my 06 Sequoia. Tough call.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Got 3.3k ohm resistors and diodes from Radio Shack yesterday. Installed them this afternoon. All seems good so far.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts