Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will running high psi (over recommended) trip the light? If so, can they be reset for the higher pressure?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Look in the manual there is a way to recalibrate it to the new higher pressure.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dude it's wicked easy, you can reset ur TPMS so that the higher tire pressures become the new "standard"...set ur tires to the psi you want...put ur key in the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position...there's a small black button on the bottom of the panel under ur steering wheel (it's about a foot over to the right of the hood release lever)...press and hold that button till you see the TPMS warning light on the gauge cluster blink three times...wait like 2-3 minutes for the system to reset, remove ur key, and ur good to go! :D

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Dude it's wicked easy, you can reset ur TPMS so that the higher tire pressures become the new "standard"...set ur tires to the psi you want...put ur key in the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position...there's a small black button on the bottom of the panel under ur steering wheel (it's about a foot over to the right of the hood release lever)...press and hold that button till you see the TPMS warning light on the gauge cluster blink three times...wait like 2-3 minutes for the system to reset, remove ur key, and ur good to go! :D
I don't think this is right so check the manual. I believe that you have to wait 7 minutes for it to reset.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I raised the psi recently and a few days later the light came on. I tried the reset several times with no joy. Guess I have a real problem brewing. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't think this is right so check the manual. I believe that you have to wait 7 minutes for it to reset.
Cool, is that how long you gotta wait? In my manual it just says "wait several minutes" and remove key...gotta love how specific that is lol

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Cool, is that how long you gotta wait? In my manual it just says "wait several minutes" and remove key...gotta love how specific that is lol
I thought that was funny too that it said 7 minutes, but I just did it the other day and I'm pretty sure that is what it says. I'll have to look again/

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I raised the psi recently and a few days later the light came on. I tried the reset several times with no joy. Guess I have a real problem brewing. Thanks for the input.
When you first turn the truck on does the light blink for one minute? If it does that means that there is a malfunction in the system somewhere ie, battery out in a monitor or broken monitor. If the light is just staying on then I would try to do the reset. Like I said before if you look in the manual it tells you exactly how to do it down to the exact minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts