Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TPMS Sensors for 05' Sequoia (Running Steelies)

Looking for TPMS Sensors for 05' Sequoia.

Being quoted $60 per. from Americas Tires.

Where can I get best price for 4 TPMS. I'll bring them myself to install instead.

I'm going to run Pro Comp 17' Steel

Thank You!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if Americas Tires are selling you OEM sensors or aftermarket but there are compatibility issues with the aftermarket sensors on the 05/06 Tundra. I had new tires/wheels installed in December and spent the next 3 months with system failures.

They replaced all 5 aftermarket sensors 2 times but each time after 4-5 days, I would get a system failure light. They would reset the light and it would work for a few days then fail again.

Finally they had to order and install new OEM sensors from Toyota. Don't know what they cost, replacement was on their dime.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
For Toyota 20 degree steel wheel sensors 42607-06011 $54.45 ea, and the fit kit 04423-0E010 $6.03 ea. So if the rims your looking at utilizes the factory steel wheel sensors your looking at $60.48/wheel + shipping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having similar problems as "ewhiteside"on my 06' Tundra. I had Costco replaced all 5 sensors. I figured after 12 years the sensor batteries were close to the end of life.

After several days and a few hundred miles the TPMS light starts flashing again.

The sensor used by Costco are Redi-sensor 7002a

They want to replace all 5 sensors, but at this point I'm going to ask that they put in standard valve stems.

Anyone have success with aftermarket redi-sensors 7002a on an 05 - 06 Tundra?

Not sure if Americas Tires are selling you OEM sensors or aftermarket but there are compatibility issues with the aftermarket sensors on the 05/06 Tundra. I had new tires/wheels installed in December and spent the next 3 months with system failures.

They replaced all 5 aftermarket sensors 2 times but each time after 4-5 days, I would get a system failure light. They would reset the light and it would work for a few days then fail again.

Finally they had to order and install new OEM sensors from Toyota. Don't know what they cost, replacement was on their dime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts