Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just ordered some new wheels and tires for my '07 DC long bed 4x4 5.7l. The problem is this, the new wheels are 20's (tires 285/65/20) and my truck came with the styled steel 18s. Can the tire pressure monitors from the 18s fit on the new 20s? Tire rack says no (noted at the bottom of the page when you select wheels for the new tundra), but maybe I can get them to work and tire rack just wants me to buy some from them? If these will not work is there a way to turn off/disable the tire pressure dash light? Any help in this area would be appreciated.

Also, I called Donahoe Monday and they said two weeks for the coil overs TC said the same for the upper control arms. I'm not going to waste money on spacers to fit my new tires, just gonna wait for the coil overs so I hope they get done soon.

Donahoe also said they were not sure what they were going to do in the rear, even though though post by dr2 said springs and piggybacks and showed piggybacks in the pic. I can't wait to see how well it does in the whoops with my ultra long wheel base and 2 more inches of travel critically damped.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Did they quote you 135.00 a piece for the sensors? Seems these sensors are "proprietary" to each rim application. If I was upgrading rims short of wire cutters, black tape over warning light might be an option over 540.00+ installation in tire sensors. Persoannly I would spend the money in upgrading something else, like speakers, tonneu cover, down payment on a supercharger...ect

Seems they could make a "universal" tire pressure sensor instead of gouging the public with mandated public safety feature, though I am not doubting they work, just the cost and impact on peoples choice in aftermarket rims.

Tire Industry Association - Government: Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) Comments to NHTSA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts