Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to to Thunder Raceway this Friday to see what my S/C Tundra has in it. Hoping to see some 12s if traction permits it. It's been hot as hell around here lately so I'm not sure if that's gonna hurt or help. Any way I just wanted to open up an invitation for any of you guys to ride out there and watch or even better run your ride! Gates open up at 6pm and ends at midnight. I'll probably get there around 730ish.

Here's the track info
Name: Thunder Road Raceway (previously Red River Raceway)
Address: 13500 Gilliam Scott Slough Road Gilliam, LA 71029
Manager: Robert Kornegay

·
Banned
444 Posts
Me and Black widow are heading to No Problem After the 4th. But Thunder road is the closest track to me now after Monroe closed.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Problem eh? I've never heard of that one, where's it at? If it's not to far away I might try to make it out. What day are y'all going?

·
Registered
630 Posts
It's about 20 minutes south of Baton Rouge. We will let you know but it would probably be one a wed night at no problem but If I can get a hold of the guys a State Capital Dragway they do there's on Sundays, but still have heard from anyone.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah okay that's a good 5 hour drive for me, probably couldn't make a Wednesday. Sunday would be doable I suppose, easier to take a Monday off work that a Wednesday/Thursday. Just holla at me fellow Tundra brother. Thanks!

·
Banned
444 Posts
Its a good 8hr drive for me, But I got to show you LA boys how its done.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a good 8hr drive for me, But I got to show you LA boys how its done.
How far is the drive to Thunder Road for you? Bout a two hour trip for me. Oh and Bring it :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Love to go, but I don't think I can get outta work Friday. That is unless T.S. Alex comes a little closer to us. HA! Good luck anyways!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
If you guys figure out a date let me know. I have known the guy that manages the track at No Problem for a long time. He used to be a service manager and Musson in New Iberia and he is a great guy. BoJack and he has ask me to come down quite a few times. I am getting prices now on the s/c to see who will do it for me here in Lafayette. Harvey has done a few of them and Courvelle has not done any, but has the best price. Harvey has had a reputation in the past, but I think they are working on their image........ decisions.......... Is it true about the 500 mile break in period on the s/c? Has anyone had anymore trouble with their units? I drive this daily and frequently drive to Venice and Houston. It has to be ready everyday to go for work... If i don't get it by the time you guys meet, i may have to just sit back and drooolllllllllllll

·
Registered
630 Posts
Let you know next week

·
Banned
444 Posts
sfz989: the track is about four hours. ZeeYa, I plan on staying a couple days in the area, but I hope to be there next wed.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
sfz989: the track is about four hours. ZeeYa, I plan on staying a couple days in the area, but I hope to be there next wed.
In area, are you referring to Lafayette?

·
Banned
444 Posts
Lafayette, Scott, Cameron, Baton Rouge,

·
Banned
444 Posts
geneally

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going to Thunder Raceway tomorrow night as long as it doesn't rain. As far as the other guys are go I don't know. If they give me enough notice I'll try to make it down there. I know there were a bunch of XRunner guys talking bout having a meet soon in Louisiana. Be cool if we could meet up with them, Tundras vs Tacos haha

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Which type races would we be allowed to run in. I know some of you have done this before. I have not ran on a track since probably 89 and it used to be ten bucks and you could run as many times as you could get in line and go again.
Found Kit for 2010 in Dallas with free shipping and of course no tax for 5300. Time to pull the trigger... Hope it comes in soon enough and installed to catch up with you guys at one of these meets...
Cheers
No Problem race way July schedule
Jul.
1 Thursday 2 Wheel Thursdays
2 Friday Trophy Bracket Race
7 Wednesday Test N Tune
9 Friday Trophy Bracket Race
10 Saturday Miller Lite Quick 16 $$ Bracket #5
14 Wednesday Test N Tune
16 Friday Trophy Bracket Race
17 Saturday Pro Test N Tune/Midnight Madness
23-25 Fri-Sun Great American Bracket Race