Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer I bought my 2006 limited DC states that the Tundra has traction control. He then sent me a list of the options and it had Limited slip differential listed - I thought the two options were mutually exclusive???

Does anyone have a 2006 DC with traction control? What dash buttons, lights or controls are present in a Tundra with traction control?

Is traction control the same as Vehicle Stability Control?

Can you identify traction control from a VIN? Under the hood what is different with traction control?

Thanks...

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have Traction control on mine. If I switch to 4X4 mode the "VSC OFF" lights up on the dash. Looks like that's the only way to disable it :eek: .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
edexcsc:tu: thanks for the reply ... how do you like the VSC?

So, did the "Auto LSD" button disappeared after the 2004 with VSC?

Does anyone with a 2006 DC with traction control also have a limited slip differential?

Does anyone with a 2006 DC with traction control still have their window sticker? If so, is traction control listed as an option or under the "Safety Features"?

Thanks again...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
The dealer I bought my 2006 limited DC states that the Tundra has traction control. He then sent me a list of the options and it had Limited slip differential listed - I thought the two options were mutually exclusive???

Does anyone have a 2006 DC with traction control? What dash buttons, lights or controls are present in a Tundra with traction control?

Is traction control the same as Vehicle Stability Control?

Can you identify traction control from a VIN? Under the hood what is different with traction control?

Thanks...
Dealer should be able to identify with your VIN # what options your truck came with and no Tundra came standarad with this it was OPT!! so it should be on window sticker or in Toy PC that your truck was sold with this OPT!! traction conrol and VSC two different monsters traction control i thought was LSD for rear wheel only!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
The VSC package includes Traction Control and an Auto LSD. If you have this package you will have an Auto LSD button to the left of the 4Hi button. All others usually come with a mechanical LSD option.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
was on msn.com autos checking options on 06's and 07's and seems the 07's all come STD with VSC & Traction Control and all the 06's were OPT. if i paid for that option i think i would have noticed it but stranger things have happened i guess!! Still trying to figure if my 06 D/C has it but i do not think so? I turned ignition on and looked for VSC light in cluster to illuminate during ignition and i saw no light so i feel my Tundra most likely does not have it and thats all good to me. alsono button next to 4wd buttons!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
trying to figure out if my 2006 2wd access cab off road package has the limited slip.
I dont see lights I have no buttons, but i remember paying for the package and seeing it on the window.
It seems to be grabbing but not 100% sure.
Anyone got an idea how to check, do a burn out in the dirt? Shouldnt there be a way to disable it though?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I heard the burn out in the dirt thing before. Easiest way is to look at the rear diff. Crouch down and look at the back side of it. There will be a sticker on it that says LSD. That's if it has not worn off. You may have to crawl right under there and wipe it off to see it. I have an 05 and through all the snow and salt it's still there. Not sure if you can disable it unless you have a button like roastbeef has but I dont have that button.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts