Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't seem to be able to in my 2001 SR5. When I pull out of my country lane onto the busy highway the right rear tire slips on the loose gravel shutting down power, for what seems like and eternity, and I fear for my life as the oncoming traffic approaches fast. Then I get my traction back and lauch at full power to avoid being rear ended!

Same sorta problem for you?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Use you're own discretion...but you can pull the connector off the lower portion of the master cylinder. The TRAC VSC lights will be on, but your ABS still works. No more annoying grinding of the VSC alarming every time you corner, or hit a dirt road.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

I read the manual about 10 times and it appears that you can hold down the DIFF LOCK button and it should turn off...what I cannot tell is if it only works in 4wd.

I know the new Tundra's do this

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Right, that's only in 4WD and I think only in LO.

·
Registered
90 Posts
According to my owner's manual, and also other sources, 4-Lo + locked cancels VSC and changes A-Trac to a more aggressive braking without cutting engine power. In addition 4-Lo unlocked does not allow VSC to function below 18 miles per hour. Also 4-Hi locked cancels VSC as well.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts