Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of trading my 2001 for a 2010 Crewmax 2wd TRD. I have a price of $23,914 out the door after cash back and trade.

So good deal or not?

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You can go to one of the online sites such as Kelly Blue Book, NADA, Edmunds, or a few others,
and find out the price the dealer paid for a truck equiped just like the one that you
want to buy. At the same sites, you can also find out what your 2001 Tundra is worth.
Then, you will have the information that you need to decide if you feel the price OTD
that was quoted is in the ballpark. You may find that you are getting a really good
deal, or that you have some more room to negotiate. Just takes a few minutes of
your time to find out. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done that, I was just looking for some other peoples general opinions/thoughts. Am hoping others will post whether they think it is a good deal on past experience/purchases of this model.

·
Registered
918 Posts
#1: Need more info about your trade. Good/excellent/fair/poor condition? Probably an extended cab, right? V8?
Is this a driveway queen that looks 2 yrs old even though it's 9, or does it look like a 9-10 yr old truck?

#2: Need the sticker price of the vehicle you're purchasing and then the final negotiated purchase price prior to trade.

#3: More info about the new vehicle. Options? Motor?

#4 What's the current incentive and have you verified that what your dealer is offering you matches the incentives available for your region?

#5: What fees are figured into your price and what others will you need to pay on top of it? Does OTD mean before or after sales tax? When I say OTD I mean total down payment and all payments to include all taxes, finance charges, and fees. I think when some refer to that they just mean purchase price with fees, before financing and tax.

You may wait awhile for an answer unless you throw in some more info. Nobody can really tell whether it's a good deal based just on the info you've provided. By the way on my last two new vehicle purchases the OTD price has been within a few hundred dollars of Edmunds True Market Value, supposedly an average of prices paid for that model in your region. So to get a good idea, you might start by plugging the new truck in there then plugging your trade into maybe Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds to get an idea of what fair value is.

I purchased my 09 Crewmax in March of 09. Stickered for 36 and change. Went down to 33 on purchase price, then was given 7500 on my 04 Dakota Quad Cab with 75000 miles. My purchase price wasn't that great really but the incentives weren't too impressive when I was buying. However they found 1000 dollars more for me in my trade than most databases said it was worth with that kind of mileage because they had a buyer lined up and it was gone within a week.

No matter what everyone tells you, figure it for yourself, best deal on the purchase, best deal on the trade, find the difference, and that's what you want to pay. Don't dwell on one single aspect. They may short you on your trade cause there's not much they can do with it, but square you away on the purchase price. Or you may not get a great purchase price because of market conditions and lack of incentives, but they may go the extra mile to find some money for you in the trade.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#1: Need more info about your trade. Good/excellent/fair/poor condition? Probably an extended cab, right? V8?
Is this a driveway queen that looks 2 yrs old even though it's 9, or does it look like a 9-10 yr old truck?

My truck looks good. No big dents, motor runs great and have always had all the maintenance done. Have husky liners so the carpet looks real good and never had any major mechanical problems. Other than a load of wood or mulch from time to time i use it as my primary to and from work. I don't even let my kids eat and drink in it.....

#2: Need the sticker price of the vehicle you're purchasing and then the final negotiated purchase price prior to trade.

Sticker is $36,732 down to $29,290 including $4000 cash back

#3: More info about the new vehicle. Options? Motor?
New truck is a 2010 4x2 crewmax sr5/trd 5.7 v8. No other extras other than what comes in that package.
Cold weather $130
trd $3135
cloth seats with power $299
8 way adjustable seats etc..$565
deck rail $135
daytime running lamps $40
toyo guard etc...$699
am/fm/mp3cd bluetooth aux/usb 3month xm steering wheel controls $510

#4 what's the current incentive and have you verified that what your dealer is offering you matches the incentives available for your region?
$4000 cash back
#5: What fees are figured into your price and what others will you need to pay on top of it? Does otd mean before or after sales tax?
Tax tag and "admin" fee are $624

you may wait awhile for an answer unless you throw in some more info. Nobody can really tell whether it's a good deal based just on the info you've provided. By the way on my last two new vehicle purchases the otd price has been within a few hundred dollars of edmunds true market value, supposedly an average of prices paid for that model in your region. So to get a good idea, you might start by plugging the new truck in there then plugging your trade into maybe kelly blue book and edmunds to get an idea of what fair value is.

I purchased my 09 crewmax in march of 09. Stickered for 36 and change. Went down to 33 on purchase price, then was given 7500 on my 04 dakota quad cab with 75000 miles. My purchase price wasn't that great really but the incentives weren't too impressive when i was buying. However they found 1000 dollars more for me in my trade than most databases said it was worth.
i just checked my truck at all the sites and i think it is worth a little more than what they are offering. They offered $6000, my research says around $6800

·
Registered
456 Posts
I am thinking of trading my 2001 for a 2010 Crewmax 2wd TRD. I have a price of $23,914 out the door after cash back and trade.

So good deal or not?

Thanks..

Never ever accept the first offer from a dealer! Raise some hell & walk out if you have to. They will call you back (at least my dealer does). We just bought a new Lexus and had a trade in last week. I had 2 different dealers fighting over my business (I played them against each other), I went with my hometown dealer and had everyone including the GM involved with the price.

I'll have to admit, I really like negotiating and bickering over price. I won't give up until I trade for the difference that I want.

Good luck and have some fun with it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got a Crewmax SR5 TRD for $22,000 after trade, cash back. Like it so far. I do need to get some step bars for it. My kids are 3 and 6 and need them badly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts