Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 6x16 dual axle trailer for my landscaping business.....and my question is.....where can i find a trailer brake controller? I have a 4 pin flat trailer harness already. And i have a 2001 tundra. does anyone know where i can find one?
Thanks
Seth

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I got a Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller from etrailer.com. Any auto parts store or RV shop will sell brake controllers too. The real work is you have to wire it up to your truck, you will have to run extra wires and install a new 6-pin or 7-pin round plug to replace the 4-flat, depending on what your trailer has.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seem an adapter for my 4 pin flat harness what will turn it from that to a 7 pin round. Will that work?

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Check this out... it may help you understand what is needed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Even if you get the 4-pin to 7-pin adapter you need to run more wires. The 4-flat only gives you brakes, turn signals, and running lights. Depending on what functions your trailer needs, you can get away with running just one extra wire, the blue one to activate the brakes. The remaining 2 wires would be for +12 volts and reverse, which you might not need, depends on your trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts