Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're looking for a place to install your trailer brake controller without putting it in one of the boxes in the dash, I fabricated a bracket and installed it on the right side above the accelerator pedal. Stainless steel bracket and very clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the same controller but I installed it in the cubby underneath the tow/haul button...love it there and most people are surprised to learn it's a mod at all. Good job on the bracket though...

·
Registered
95 Posts
trailer break controller.jpg

Terrible phone camera pic but it gives you the idea....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was wondering where you got the polished metal to make the bracket. I am picking up our new camper tomorrow and need to get this thing mounted but it just doesnt fit worth a crap under the dash. BTW yourt install is great looking.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I was wondering where you got the polished metal to make the bracket. I am picking up our new camper tomorrow and need to get this thing mounted but it just doesnt fit worth a crap under the dash. BTW yourt install is great looking.
I agree, that stainless steel bracket looks nice! If you don't have access to stainless steel, here's an install I did a few months ago using some 1/8" thick aluminum I bought at the local hardware store. Cut a piece 3-4 inches long, drilled 2 mounting holes, then bent it 45 degrees. Drilled one hole in the dash, bolted it in, and I was done. Nice and rigid.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
selliot87,
Thanks. I don't remember exactly where I purchased it. I think from a metal supply shop in Gardena, CA. I forgot I even had it. I bought it awhile ago for another project. You should be able to get it from any metal supply.

11Tundra,
That was my back-up plan. If cutting the stainless into the "L" had turned out to be too much of a challenge, I was simply going to cut two one-inch wide strips and rivet them together.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Great job and nice post with pics. I have mine in the same area and my only complaint is the light is very bright especially at night when towing (no way to dim). Points sent.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Just acquired a 2012 and am wondering how much modification was required to install the Primus model in the cubby. Would the P3 fit there as well?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts