Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
My first Tow coming up and I have a question. I have a 2005 LTD Seq bought fully loaded back in 2005. It came with a Trailer brake controller harness and Tow reciver but now I am not sure if it has an acutal tow package for example Tranny cooler ? How do I look for that if it is installed? There is no tow button or a Trany temp indicator that I know.
Thanks for any replies. I was able to install a Brake controller last night but this is now a worry. I plan to tow a 4200 Lbs 24 feet trailer to Lake Tahoe and want to be sure what I am working with..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Checked with Toyota over phone and was told that my Seq can tow upto 6200 lbs and thats it. No extra tow package items on my truck and as long as I stay below the 6200 lbs it should be fine. As per this person I talked to tow packages are only supplied on lower rated trucks and are not required apparentely on my truck !!. That answer is unsatisfying to me and frankly I might call back again tommrow to see if I get a different reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, 6200 is it, my friend. The limitation is in the transmission. You can see the tranny cooler mounted in front of your radiator, it looks like a mini radiator up there, kind of like a heater core. The 4200 lb trailer should tow OK, but you'll know it's back there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts