Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have destroyed my trailer receptical for the last time
(I hope).

Seems when I have been out in the sticks or turning around on a single track the plug was always hanging low and resulted in getting bent and mangeled.

Looked like a good location would be behind the license plate.
Took it off and mounted it on some hinges. I set the hinges so they have a slight bind.
This prevents the license plate from coming up while going down the road.

Plus a added benfit for us older generation is that we don't have to bend over to far to get er plugged in.

Attachments

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts
I love it. It looks well protected by the bumper. You might try some spring hinges to make sure it stays down, but I'm sure that binding the hinges will work. It works for doors that swing shut on their own. Just bend one of the hinge pins a bit.

It reminds me of the days when gas caps resided under the rear plates on some cars. My folks had a '63 Peugeot with the cap under the lift up tail light. Ragtop sunroof ... those were the days.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just wondering . . . Since some trailers hide more of the truck's back end than others, you think there might be any law enforcement officer issues :eek: re: obscured plate while a harness is plugged in? :confused:

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did think of that and it does not raise very far when plugged in. Still pretty visable.
I looked at spring hinges, they were big and bulky would not fit in that location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts