Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have an 08 CrewMax TRD 4x2 and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any trails around the Athens/Metro Atlanta Area that would be fun to drive, but a 4x2 can handle. I was up in the mountain last weekend and we hit some trails and now I want more. I tried finding information online but to no avail.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey guys. I have an 08 CrewMax TRD 4x2 and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any trails around the Athens/Metro Atlanta Area that would be fun to drive, but a 4x2 can handle. I was up in the mountain last weekend and we hit some trails and now I want more. I tried finding information online but to no avail.
Let me know what you find. Where in the mountains did you go?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have looked all over. The only thing I have found is up in blue ridge too. Also there is one in Cumming GA up 400 but I can't find the name of it. I wish there was more!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm 1.5 hrs south of Atlanta, so that eliminates any day trips for me to Cumming or Ellijay. Let me know if you ever run across anything to the south.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good luck finding anything legal in the ATL metro area. The only good trails, open to the public in N. GA that I know of would be Beasley Knob, just outside of Blairsville. That said, it may be a bit much for a 2wd. There's one trail in Dawson county that could be OK for you. I can't recall the name of the road.... yes, it's actually a legal road BUT the pavement comes to an end and the dirt begins. The locals visit it often and it's turned into a nice little testing ground. I would have to ask my buddy that lives up there. I've been meaning to take my Jeep out there for suspension tuning.

There is one private park up 400, just behind the outlet mall, called Black Moose. For the 4wd crowd, it's typically by invite only. The motorcycle and ATV crowd frequent it more often as there's tracks and actual "events" out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts