Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what it is , as I come to a complete stop it feels like the rearend is just catching up or if the transmission is still going and the comes to a stop. A thud a few seconds after stopping. Anybody have this problem. I have an 02 supercharged V8.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Normal enough for Toyota's poorly programmed slow-to-downshift transmissions, or as I call it, "always in the wrong gear transmission".

Also, pretty common when an ATF is sheared thin beyond use or when the level is too low, as either can cause lower line pressures. So, check the level and maintain it(if it isn't too late already).

Since you're supercharged, I hope that you've upgraded the transmission with additional cooling and filtration.

If you haven't recently, have the ATF exchanged. While you're at it, drop the pan for inspection, magnet cleaning, and filter replacement.

If you have zerks, grease the ujoints and slip joints. Dry joint slack will exaggerate the thud/clunk when shifting back to 1st when coming to a stop.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Was experiencing the same problem with my '04.... Did a complete drain and flush, with mobil 1 ATF, and that cured the problem....:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts