Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5.7L 6 spd- how do you check the tranny fluid level? I don't see no dipstick! Am I just too old fashioned?

·
Registered
347 Posts
You are right, no ATF dipstick. Toyota claims that you don't have change the ATF, unless of course you get the tranny to hot. I guess if it is not leaking, the fluid level will not change.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
allways helps to read manual, and i know they leave out as much as possible so you will not do any DIY maintenance and take it to Toyota for almost anything!! if you tow with it i would let toyota tech do complete fluid swap at 90K and that's per 06 manual. the fluid in your tranny is a synthetic product so unless ya gotta leak do not sweat it!! pretty smart fellow who designed a tranny with out easy check access!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
allways helps to read manual, and i know they leave out as much as possible so you will not do any DIY maintenance and take it to Toyota for almost anything!! if you tow with it i would let toyota tech do complete fluid swap at 90K and that's per 06 manual. the fluid in your tranny is a synthetic product so unless ya gotta leak do not sweat it!! pretty smart fellow who designed a tranny with out easy check access!!
define easy check access, if the truck is up in the air on a lift, its real easy to check, just pull out the fill plug and see if any leaks out..:D sorry had to be a smart @55

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
define easy check access, if the truck is up in the air on a lift, its real easy to check, just pull out the fill plug and see if any leaks out..:D sorry had to be a smart @55
no prob , but you might be surprised that some tech could mess this up!! have you read the instructions? i had a tech tighten my lugnuts to OVER 150ft lbs and specs are 83 ft lbs during BJ recall!! no wonder we have brake problems/rotor problems, i learned a long time ago if you have not touched it it is probably broke and if ya want it done rite do it yourself!! too bad we pay going labor rates and get poor quality labor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts