Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2000 Tacoma TRD with AT. When it's 0 degree cold out the tranny will not move the truck when I first ship into "D" . I have to shift to "L" to get the truck movin'. Has any one seen this ? The fluid level is good.

I'm new here, is there a FAQ or archive page to search?

:ts: in advance.

Sparky,
Dave :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
How does the fluid look, dark, brown, red or about clear? What reading do you get on the fill stick when it's really warm? When was the last time you changed the fluid?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Fluid was just replaced a few thousand miles ago. I will check the fluid color.

Actually I went back to the dealer and told them about this problem. It's out of warrenty so they don't care.:(

Dave

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's hard to get a dealer to care even when it's still under waranty,Lol.
Just remember to let it warm up a little longer on the really cold days and then drive easy untel it's really warmed up.
If the fluid is brown or smells burnt then you have a problem. If it's light red and smells good then it's probably just the extrem cold weather.I'm hard to get started when it's 0 out too!
I know they say you only need to let your Toyota warm up for a few seconds but they are not talking about 0 weather. Do yourself and your Toyota a favor and let them warm up when it's that cold out. They do not like to sit in cold weather at all. Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts