Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2000 Tacoma TRD with AT. When it's 0 degree cold out the tranny will not move the truck when I first ship into "D" . I have to shift to "L" to get the truck movin'. Has any one seen this ? The fluid level is good.

I'm new here, is there a FAQ or archive page to search?

:ts: in advance.

Sparky,
Dave :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Fluid was just replaced a few thousand miles ago. I will check the fluid color.

Actually I went back to the dealer and told them about this problem. It's out of warrenty so they don't care.:(

Dave

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's hard to get a dealer to care even when it's still under waranty,Lol.
Just remember to let it warm up a little longer on the really cold days and then drive easy untel it's really warmed up.
If the fluid is brown or smells burnt then you have a problem. If it's light red and smells good then it's probably just the extrem cold weather.I'm hard to get started when it's 0 out too!
I know they say you only need to let your Toyota warm up for a few seconds but they are not talking about 0 weather. Do yourself and your Toyota a favor and let them warm up when it's that cold out. They do not like to sit in cold weather at all. Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.