Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see this is now an older thread.... I’m getting ready to change the transfer case fluid in my 2016 Tundra....how has the Ravenol product performed? Any further updates?

·
Registered
213 Posts
The 2005 Sequoia service manual calls for 75W-90... That is what I will use next week. Original oil in my 2006 w/175K on the clock. I think that Tundras of the same vintage fall under the same category... worth investigating. Service Manual is on the 1st Gen Sequoia thread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On my 2007 I have had stellar results with the Amsoil 75W90 gear lube in Front, Rear and TX case. I put it in at about 20K and now at 250K. I change it every 100K. On other trucks I have had issues where the oil I changed to just did not work right, and had to return to the OEM oil. Cam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The old forum fluid debate... Tiresome.

Toyota fluids really aren't that much more expensive in my experience. I go to Mountain States Toyota here in Denver to buy fluids. My coolant was less expensive than the generic stuff at NAPA and you also don't have to deal with the knuckle-draggers at the big-box stores.

Toyota did it right the first time... just do it again the same way. You're talking a minimal amount of expense, all things considered. Just put the stuff in there that Toyota specs and be done. Time/money/energy are all the same thing, and replacing a transfer case because you put the wrong fluid in would be pretty f'n dumb.

Ford transfer cases are known to explode with the wrong fluid in them.... (ask me how I know).... I imagine Toyota's equipment is better than that but you ever know... this stuff isn't actually made by Toyota it's usually Borg Warner, ZF or someone else...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts