Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to change out the differential fluid on my 03' 4X4 Tundra. I found the steps to do it but I have 2 questions that I can't find the answer to.

Can anyone explain what the transfer case looks like or have a picture of it? I know it sounds crazy but I have never seen one and have no idea what I am looking for.

Second, for the rear differential I was going to just go w/ the stuff from the dealer since I have the LSD and can't find straight 90w anywhere. Does anyone know if the stuff from the dealer needs friction modifiers added or does it have enough already?

Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
Can anyone explain what the transfer case looks like or have a picture of it?

Second, for the rear differential I was going to just go w/ the stuff from the dealer since I have the LSD and can't find straight 90w anywhere. Does anyone know if the stuff from the dealer needs friction modifiers added or does it have enough already?

Thanks
Going backwards from the rear differential towards the front of the truck where the drivetrain connects, that is the x-case. I just googled and this is what I found..

Toyota Maintenance: Tacoma & 4Runner 30K Mile Service

Now coming to fluids, I changed both differential and x-case to Amsoil 80W90 synthetic gear oil and they come with LSD additive. If you hear chatter in the differential, Amsoil sells LSD additive that you can add to increase the additive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts