Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transfercase actuator has crapped out .I want to manually put it on 4x4 for the winter .I have new transfercase/actuator lined up for the spring .What position do the Rod/wormgear? have to be in the transfercase .Pulled all the way out ?Its all the way in now and the truck is in 2 hi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having this same issue. The actuator will not move the rod in the transfer case. I tried pulling the rod to see if it will move but it does not. I am not sure how much pressure it should need to pop into 4WD.

Also, should my front driveshaft turn with the rear driveshaft not in 4WD? If the truck is in neutral if I spin the rear driveshaft the front spins too. Im wondering if the rod is stuck in the 4wd position and thats why the actuator will not work, its trying to pull the rod out when it already is out. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased this truck last week. Come to find out there was no oil in the transfer case - for who knows how long. Just enough oil to get the chain lubed. I filled it with oil and actually had to spin the drive shafts opposite ways to get them to break free.. they were just gunked together by oil sludge!

I also took apart the actuator motor and added more spring pressure to the brushes inside the motor. That made the motor much stronger and now with the gunk out of the transfer case and actual oil in there I finally got the 4x4 to work. It grinds if I am going over 5 mpg but it gets in 4x4 now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts