Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping Remmy chimes in here..... I have finally clipped the 100K miles mark, and have my bottle of AutoRX. From what I have learned and still have my doubts, but apparently the 2006 with the Sealed tranny with WS fluid cannot be fully flushed..... this true?? Don't sound right to me, but an independant Toyota shop, and a dealer have said the same thing. And tht you just drain and refill.

So my question is, if you add the Auto RX to the fluid, and run it 1,000 miles or more to clean everything, and then drain and refill how much AutoRX will come out from the original addition? Will it be harmful if you don't get it all out? Or is it one of those things where you just accelerate the drain and refill frequency to say every 1,000-1,500 miles to get it where you are running fresh fluid?

Any thoughts? I would like to get a compelte flush, but now that I am hearing the newer transmissions cannot use a machine....:beatsme:

·
Registered
130 Posts
You can do a complete flush on these trannys. You need an assistant to pump fluid through fill hole as you drain the transmission fluid through the cooler line. Or do it your self drain about 2 quarts at a time.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,559 Posts
^^ What he said. Any mechanics that say the Aisin-Warner A750X transmission cannot be flushed should be put on the front counter doing nothing more than filling out order forms.

There is nothing wrong with having the ARX in the ATF. I run a maintenance dose of about 4oz all the time in my Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. If you want to do a series of 4qt drain/fills, then that's perfectly fine.

Did you install a Magnefine ATF filter as well?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ What he said. Any mechanics that say the Aisin-Warner A750X transmission cannot be flushed should be put on the front counter doing nothing more than filling out order forms.

There is nothing wrong with having the ARX in the ATF. I run a maintenance dose of about 4oz all the time in my Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. If you want to do a series of 4qt drain/fills, then that's perfectly fine.

Did you install a Magnefine ATF filter as well?
I have not yet. It is on my list. My summer weekends are filling up fast. So what would you recommend for drain and refills with the AutoRX in there? Should I or would it be best to drain and refill then add the AutoRX then drain and refill 2-3 mores times at 1000 mile intervals? OR add the AutoRX then run 1000-1500 miles drain and refill then every 1000 miles for total of 3-4 times?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I am going to add this right away. It also sounds like u have to use the Toyota WS fluid. I was really hoping to switch to synthetic. But I want to call around some more to do a full flush.

So bottom line question. Can I put synthetic in either way? Either drain and refill or full flush if I find a place that can full flush it? I know many replying on here have pre-sealed trannys, so do you know for sure that doing either way will work or is fine for this year trans? I mean switching to synthetic that is. Will mixing in a drain and refill be OK?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
it will be fine. i use mobil1. runs great. i think you should just add the Rx and then worry about the atf in 1000 miles. it would be easiest for you to get enough fluid and take it to your wrench monkey and have him flush it all. less hassle and it's all in there.

either way, it doesn't matter if you mix synth and dino. i just did drain/fills over and over to get mine switched out.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Ok so I am going to add this right away. It also sounds like u have to use the Toyota WS fluid. I was really hoping to switch to synthetic. But I want to call around some more to do a full flush.

So bottom line question. Can I put synthetic in either way? Either drain and refill or full flush if I find a place that can full flush it? I know many replying on here have pre-sealed trannys, so do you know for sure that doing either way will work or is fine for this year trans? I mean switching to synthetic that is. Will mixing in a drain and refill be OK?
The Toyota WS ("World Standard") ATF is a semi-synthetic already. Mobil 1 ATF is not compatible with the WS formulation, which is essentially a friction-modified 3309 ATF. You must use the Toyota WS ATF in the A750X tranny.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If your tranny has never been serviced before, then I recommend a flush with machine after 1000 miles. WS fluid is a ggod ATF for your tranny, as long as you service it regularly. If your tranny has a real filter, then it would be paramount to drop the pan and change the filter after the flush. If the filter is just a rock catcher, then you can leave the pan and screenmesh filter alone.

If your tranny fluid is reasonably new/fresh, then repetitive drain and fills after ARX treatment will do the trick. But that assumes you don't have a real filter that needs to be changed also.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think they have have a real filter. I think it is just the screen. Thanks for the help on this. I need to find a place that can perform a complete flush.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
130 Posts
The complete Machine flush is the same as you pulling off the return line on the transmission cooler, and adding fluid in the fill hole. I know most tech will run the car on the lift and drain and refill the pan a few time and call that a full flush. I would run auto-x for 100 miles then drain it yourself.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can they use the return line to fill with new fluid with a machine for my year of truck?

·
Registered
688 Posts
The complete Machine flush is the same as you pulling off the return line on the transmission cooler, and adding fluid in the fill hole. I know most tech will run the car on the lift and drain and refill the pan a few time and call that a full flush. I would run auto-x for 100 miles then drain it yourself.
1000 miles. You need more than 100.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Can they use the return line to fill with new fluid with a machine for my year of truck?
It's my understanding that the T-Tech machine uses an adapter that screws into the A750X's fill port to refill the ATF. If anyone can verify this (or knows differently), please post up.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
So I'm just about to do the same thing. Mines a 2000, so as far as I'm aware, I just add the ARX drive for a 1000 miles, then do the flush. Or should I do a couple drain and fills every 1000 miles after the ARX is installed, then do a flush?

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
That's the plan, whether I do it, or get a guy I know that owns a tranny shop to do it, if the price is right there.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Chuddles,
You want to add the ARX to the dipstick tube, run for 1k miles.
After that you want to do a 4qt drain and fill. There is a drain plug on the tranny.
Refill from the dipstick.
Drive about 400 miles and do one more drain and fill.
At this point the cleaning is complete. I wouldn't pay for the service.

If you need help, send me a PM and I will give you my contact information. I can walk you through it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts