Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a new rookie and i need some help:confused:

i'm having a problem with my 09 tundra, and im wondering if anyone else is having this problem. when i come to a stop it feels like my transmission is kinda clunking into a gear and it does the same thing when i first take off, this is really making me mad i have had nothing but problems with this truck, now is it my transmission or something

·
Registered
656 Posts
It's not your transmission, it's the driveline. Unfortunately it's normal on the Tundra and a lot of other body on frame Toyota models.

It wont harm anything but can be annoying.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was told by dealer, that over time ti will wear down, not sure if I believe that, but at least I have it doccumented that I took it in for this same issue

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I was told by dealer, that over time ti will wear down, not sure if I believe that, but at least I have it doccumented that I took it in for this same issue
What they mean by that is you'll probably get used to it and quit picking up on it.

·
Water Is Life
33 Posts
Man I have been having the same issue recently in my 08.. Buggin the crap out of me.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've noticed that I don't have it in the cold months... I've read at least a couple of others that make the same claims...
My guess has something to do with the ECU messing with engine speed, and maybe leaving the TC loaded in the colder months...dunno...

You do tend to get use to it though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts