Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am considering a DIY transmission flush for my wife's 02 sequoia. I remembered that I have seen a detailed tutorial on this topic before, but I spent an hour trying to find it again and had no luck so far. Can someone point me to the right direction?

Also, I want to use full Synthetic ATF (either Mobil 1 or Amsoil). Went to Walmart today and they said they don't carry Mobil ATF anymore. A brief research for online retailer's price turned out to be around $10-$12 a quarter. Is that the going rate for synthetic atf? Any places where I might find a better deal?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check out the "engine and drivetrain" forum. There is a sticky there with instructions.

I have 4 Walmarts in my general area, one always has a large supply of Mobil 1 ATF, 3 dont ever have it. Maybe its only certain Walmarts? I see it at Pep Boys, Autozone, etc all the time, but usually at $8-$9 a quart, about $2 more each than at Walmart.

My dad's Corolla which he got new in 1996, I do a drain and fill (about 2 quarts) every time I change the engine oil for him, and he is about to turn 300,000 miles on the original transmission, using nothing but cheapy Meijer store brand fluid. If my Walmart stops carrying Mobil 1 ATF, I may start a similar routine on my '01 Sequoia.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts