Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Tundra 4.7 Auto limited 4x4,

Thransmission kicks/jolt kind of voilently shifting from 1st to 2nd gear, during mid level acceleration. If I accelerate really slow or really fast I avoid the jolt, but at slower to mid level it does this.

At first I was thinking it was the different tire size, I run 285/75/R16 instead of stock 265/70/R16.

But when I first ran these tires almost 5 years now, I do not remember this problem. It sems to have come up in the last 2 years.

Any ideas as to what the problem is? The truck is 10 years old, but only has 38K miles.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem Solved! I was reading another forum post about being careful not to overfill with trans fluid (even slightly). I did check fluid levels but ended up adding to much some time back. This time I was carful to do the cold measurement, and found that there was at least 1 quart excess. I drained at least 1 quart and got the measurement just under the max on the cold level of the dipstick. Went for a test drive and the trans works fine. I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts